A secluded mansion in Raccoon City has been the center of top-secret biotech experiments – all funded by a mysterious corporation known only as Umbrella. When contact with the scientists at the mansion is broken and reports of gory attacks come in from areas nearby, the Special Tactics and Rescue Squads (S.T.A.R.S.) is sent in to investigate. The team is chased into the nearby foreboding mansion by a pack of monstrous creatures. Once inside the adventure begins.
Players control Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine as they embark on a horrific quest through a dark and mysterious mansion filled with unimaginable horrors. An entire arsenal aids them on their quest including bazookas, shotguns, pistols, health supplies and more. The heroes will need all the help they can get to survive a house filled with flesh hungry zombies, giant spiders, horrific amphibious creatures, mutant dogs and worse.
Players can relive the beginning of the Resident Evil saga in a newly revamped “rebirth mode.” Whereas the original game focused more on puzzle solving,this new version will place a heavy emphasis on action with more enemies and ammo as well as improved visuals for intense enemy confrontations. Also, nearly half the puzzles have been freshly upgraded providing new challenges for fans. In addition, therebirth mode includes enhanced controls and will incorporate the DS system’s unique feature set, utilizing the touch screen and microphone functions.
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence features:
- Dual screens offer a more accessible player interface
- Top screen displays area map, ammo supply and color denoted health meter
- Bottom screen features main action view and also switches to sub screen menus
- Touch panel provides innovative gameplay variety
- New battle elements using touch screen – control the knife with the stylus to slash enemies and even deflect jumping dogs
- Fend off enemies – an effective maneuver for escaping an enemy’s deadly clutches is to move the stylus quickly back and forth over your foe which will shake them off
- Navigate sub screen menus by using either the touch screen or regular buttons
- New enhanced controls
- Reload function – allows players to quickly and easily refill their equipped weapons
- Quick 180? turn – provides much needed agility to escape dangerous situations
- Knife button – permanently mapped knife can be used at any time, reducing one item from the inventory
- Microphone function – solve puzzles and even resuscitate your injured teammate by blowing into the microphone
- Multiplayer network gameplay in specially created mansion map
- Two to four players can play wirelessly
- Vs. mode – players compete for high scores by defeating the most enemies and performing the quickest escapes
- Cooperative mode – work together with others to solve puzzles, collect items and get out of the mansion
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence will carry an “M” rating for mature audiences by the ESRB and Capcom plans to release the game across North America in Q1 2006.
More articles about Resident Evil: Deadly Silence