The story begins in a place called the Ancient Steppe when a strange town appears from nowhere. Seeming to be a small drover settlement , the mysterious, isolated establishment has managed to survive for several generations. It could have continued to grow, were it not for a sudden outbreak of some kind of lethal disease, which begins to mercilessly slaughter the denizens inhabiting the area. Even science has proven helpless in finding a cure, or at least providing some explanation.
Three outsiders arrive at the contaminated town. The first is a highly-educated Bachelor with a ruthless manner of investigation, assigned by the provincial authorities. The second is a far-sighted Ripper with a reputation as an ingenious surgeon, in search of his father's terrible heritage. The last character is an eccentric girl, possessing mystic healing abilities, that could become the town's heavenly salvation were it not for fresh memory of the horrors of her recent past...
Each of them must survive in this hell and play a vital role in the fate of the town... one of them could be you.
The atmosphere of the game reproduces the tense feeling of danger at every turn. You'll witness dreadful images of city in agony, incessant death of the infected and the dramatic tragedies of the doomed people...
- A combination of first-person & role-playing game with non-linear plot and real time flow gameplay.
- The town has a life of its own, it constantly changes and reacts to the player's behaviour and circumstances.
- Well-balanced proportion of random factors and pre-arranged event.
- Original enemy concept – omnipresent, omniscient, invisible infection.
- 3 unique campaigns, several endings.
- Original graphic concept and photorealistic portraits of NPCs.
- A complicated system of context-sensitive music arrangement. Artistic sound direction.
- A large variety of individual survival and resource-hunting strategies under the resource hunger conditions.
- 3 heroes act independently: when one is chosen to play , the two rejected heroes act on their own, plotting against the player.
- Facial animation of the in-game characters powered by LifeStudio:HEAD technology by LifeMode Interactive, Corp.;
Find out more about Pathologic at www.pathologic-game.com
More articles about Pathologic