As a mining inspector the player is tasked with exploring an illegal asteroid mining base to investigate the disappearance of its inhabitants. However, more pressing is why the mining robots and other autonomous systems are trying to put an end to his inspecting, permanently.
The story leads the player through several distinct environments - the inspector's spaceship, damaged by enemy fire from within the asteroid, technical facilities, laboratories, crew quarters, mining shafts and more. On his quest to discover the secret of the asteroid the player will fight not only the robots, but the station itself. Using the ship's radio he will talk to the navigator of a cargo vessel, one of the few people from the surrounding area to somehow remain alive. Walking down the empty halls and eerie corridors of the industrial complex the player will meet several survivors willing to help. Or so it seems.....
Built around the Enforce2 engine, Alpha Prime is a first person action game with an emphasis on the single player experience. At its core is a Science Fiction story written by the foremost Czech Sci-fi author Ondrej Neff. Game play will be a varied balance of combat and more technical activities such as hacking and remotely controlling robotic devices.
The game will feature all of the necessary components of a modern computer game, such as detailed graphics utilizing the latest technology, interactive in-game physics integral to the environment, 3d sound and more.
Key characteristics of the game include:
- 1st person shooter themed around a strong science fiction story
- Multiple robots with specific abilities and powerful weapons to utilize
- Arsenal of powerful weapons for the player to use, additional weaponry mounted on remotely controllable robots
- Fully interactive physical environment, breakable objects, rag doll effects
- 3d graphics engine making use of the state-of-the-art graphics technology
More articles about Alpha Prime