The current version 4.04 (4.04m) is not compatible with the previous versions of the sim when playing over the network (Online). Both the server and client must have the appropriate versions in order to connect.
For your convenience, we have introduced different version numbers for the stand-alone installation and the merged (FB+AEP+PF) install.
4.04 – for stand-alone PF
4.04m – for merged (FB+AEP+PF)
Attention: versions 4.04 and 4.04m are not compatible with each other when playing over the network (Online).
Add-On Installation Instructions (Please read carefully)
The 4.04 free add-on installs only over 4.03 (PF stand alone).
The 4.04m free add-on installs only over 4.03m (FB+AEP+PF merged).
In order to install this free add-on, run the following:
1) For Stand alone: PF_patch404.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
2) For Merged: PF_patch404m.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note that the merged version of Pacific Fighter will get all additions and features that are listed below, while the stand alone installation will only get the Pacific Fighters-specific ones marked by ‘*’.
Modifications and fixes
1. Implemented work arounds for some ATI & NVIDIA drivers bugs.*
2. Fixed a bug with Mosquito damage modeling.*
3. Patched up a hole in the Mosquito cockpit.*
4. Reversed the gear indicator light in the Do-335 cockpit
5. Fire extinguishers added to the Mosquito.*
6. Corrected some bomber formation AI.*
New ground objects:
New ship – PAM (Hungarian)
If you have a computer with a Pentium 4 processor, you may occasionally encounter game lock-ups or crashes to desktop. In order to solve that, copy your il2_core.dll into the il2_corep4.dll (for example, with the following command: "copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll"; or, in Windows Explorer, navigate to your sim installation directory, delete the existing il2_corep4.dll, make a copy of the il2_core.dll, and rename the copy to il2_corep4.dll)
More articles about Pacific Fighters