Developed by Monolith Productions, the game allows players to experience an unnatural level of psychological tension as they use their instincts and forensic tools to track down serial killers and bring them to justice. Players will take on the role of Ethan Thomas, an FBI agent in the Serial Crimes Unit (SCU), whose pursuit of relentless serial killers leads him through detailed urban environments filled with terrifyingly real sociopaths who lurk on the periphery of humanity.
Condemned: Criminal Origins features amazingly photorealistic environments and true-to-life sound effects that transport players directly to the scene of the crime. Gruesome weapons can be fashioned by clever players from the environment: paper-cutter handles, wooden planks and lead pipes ripped from walls can all be used to attack opponents. The enemy AI is highly intelligent as well as enemies don’t merely run at the player; they find an appropriately powerful weapon to attack with and then hide in the shadows, waiting for an open opportunity to strike.
Presented in a first-person view for maximum visceral effect, this atmospheric thriller is best played with the surround-sound up and the lights off. Given the power of nextgeneration hardware, Condemned: Criminal Origins features photo-realistic backdrops, life-like physics, and highly sophisticated artificial intelligence. Weapons and ammunition are scarce, leaving the player vulnerable to a gallery of mentally deranged criminals. Careful detective work and precision reflexes are a player's primary means of survival. Inspired in part by the films of the psychological thriller sub-genre, Condemned: Criminal Origins maintains an intense, focused pace. Players can never be sure what waits around each corner.
- Next-generation lighting, mapping, and filtering techniques provide for environments of unprecedented detail and visual quality.
- Intelligent enemies respond strategically to your offensive and defensive maneuvers.
- High-level physics allow players to manipulate background items, which respond realistically when picked up, kicked, or bumped.
- A tightly wound story is backed with strong character development and major plot twists.
- Meticulously crafted 5.1 surround-sound will cue players to the location of offscreen enemies.
Condemned: Criminal Origins for the PC is scheduled for April 11th, 2006.
More articles about Condemned: Criminal Origins