"SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate takes the winning challenges and gameplay of SWAT 4 and adds missions, story elements and multiplayer abilities to create an all-new experience for fans of the original game," said Peter Della Penna, Executive Vice President and COO, World Studios for Vivendi Universal Games. "The new abilities -- like the new 'Held Commands' -- coupled with the additions to multiplayer mode, have made an expansion pack worthy of the SWAT 4 moniker and a game that PC fans will be playing online for a long time."
SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate thrusts gamers back in the control of an elite squad of up to five SWAT officers charged with confronting, subduing and arresting the most dangerous criminals in tense police situations. As with the original game, the expansion pack emphasizes tactical deployment over pure run-and-gun action and requires proper use of a broad range of real police gear and tactics to help the team overcome any obstacle, rescue endangered civilians, and bring order to chaos.
SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate features include:
- Seven new missions playable in single-player, multiplayer and co-op mode
- 10-player co-op -- increased from five -- allows players to create a single "stick" of 10 or any combination up to 10 for coordinated and devastating insertion maneuvers
- New SWAT equipment, including Night Vision Goggles, Light Sticks for cleared rooms, Ammo Pouch (This equipment will give the player 2 extra clips of ammunition for their primary weapon)
- New weapons including SWAT- and Suspect-only submachine guns, stun guns, rifles, grenade launchers and pistols
- New objective types, including preventing destruction of evidence and preventing suspects from escaping the scene
- Held Commands, allowing players to hold movement of team groups until the "Initiate" command, helping coordinate synchronized actions across multiple groups
- New MP mode -- Smash and Grab -- where Suspects must seize and escort a briefcase through a level while SWAT teams attempt to stop their escape
- Server browser improvements including, Voice-Over-IP (VoIP) for built-in voice communication; GameSpy Stat Tracking for ladders and rankings; and Voting for map selection, choosing a leader, and kicking or banning players
SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate expansion pack is now available at retail stores for an estimated retail price of $19.99. The game has been rated 'M for Mature' by the ESRB.
More articles about SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate