This seamlessly combines the beautiful world of Eberron(R), the classic D&D(R) v3.5 Edition rules, and the latest innovations in online technology into a breathtaking gaming experience like no other. Dungeons & Dragons is under license from the Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro, Inc.
"Dungeons & Dragons Online offers fresh and exciting gameplay that captures the true spirit of the D&D adventures that we grew up with," said Jeffrey Anderson, president and CEO of Turbine, Inc. "We are confident that Dungeons & Dragons Online will appeal to MMO gamers and D&D fans alike."
"We are extremely pleased with Dungeons & Dragons Online," said Nique Fajors, senior vice president, marketing, Atari, Inc. "D&D is an iconic brand that has spawned a legion of imitators, but this game delivers the real thing to online gaming fans everywhere."
"Players around the world will appreciate Turbine's faithful adaptation of D&D's party-based adventures - a system that has made the pen and paper game a powerful brand for over 30 years," said Jeff Burdeen, vice president for the Hasbro Properties Group.
Developed by Turbine and published by Atari, Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach is the first and only massively multiplayer online roleplaying game based on the world-renowned Dungeons & Dragons brand franchise from Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro.
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach features:
- Authentic D&D Characters
- Create a custom character from D&D's newest campaign setting, Eberron, choosing from nine classes (barbarian, bard, cleric, fighter, paladin, ranger, rogue, sorcerer and wizard) and five races (human, elf, halfling, dwarf or warforged) plus hundreds of skills, feats and looks. The result is a countless number of possible combinations. Characters will need both wit and brawn to complete quests and advance over time.
- Fast-Paced Combat
- A unique Active Combat control system requires tactical thinking and quick reflexes as much as character abilities and skill. Characters will battle in real-time and have the ability to block with shields, dodge to the side and tumble away from enemy attacks. Unlike other online roleplaying games, the outcome of the battle is not solely determined by statistics - player skill is an important factor in succeeding in combat.
- Dangerous Dungeons
- Players must face devious traps, intricate puzzles and fierce monsters in their quest for treasure and rewards. Private instanced adventures minimize the interference from party outsiders and reward players for the cooperative completion of quest objectives, eliminating the sense of repetitive combat found in other massively multiplayer online games.
- Instant Adventure
- When undertaking a quest in the bustling frontier city of Stormreach, players will be instantly transported into the quest environment to begin their adventure, reducing tedious travel and waiting.
- Authentic Party-Based D&D Gameplay
- Coordinate tactics with the game's integrated voice chat system to experience D&D the way it was meant to be played - in a small party setting. Players will need to create balanced parties including a variety of character classes in order to complete their quests.
More articles about Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach