‘Your fists are the only thing you can really rely on in this world’ are the words uttered by Kyle and Cody Travers. Gaining respect is the only way to survive the streets of Metro City. The Travers brothers have spent years building an indisputable reputation amongst the local gangs and street thugs. No one ever dares to challenge them until a seedy organization kidnaps Cody. In the feverish attempt to rescue his brother, Kyle meets head-on with the forces of a sinister underground boss whose powerful influence has thrown the various districts of Metro City into utter chaos. Now the metropolis is in a riotous turmoil as a mysterious street drug spreads across the city. What’s happened to Cody and is he still alive? Can the anarchy be stopped?
In Final Fight Streetwise, players assume the role of Kyle Travers. As a streetwise underground pit fighter and brother of the infamous Cody from the classic Final Fight series, Kyle must try to solve his brother’s disappearance. ‘Respect’, ‘tension’ and ‘money’ must be quickly earned to attain powerful new fighting skills, hardcore weapons, critical information and a wide variety of NPC (non-playable character) support. Featuring stylized and realistic visuals, the tumultuous energy of Metro City is brought to life with great detail. Explore dynamic environments and encounter intense street fights where players use hand-to-hand and weapon combat. Shocking story twists and disturbing connections are made as this epic story unfolds through adrenaline-pumping action and intense cinematics.
Final Fight: Streetwise features:
- Storyline based on Capcom’s Final Fight universe – Encounternew and familiar Final Fight characters who will assist Kyle throughout the game
- Character upgrade system – There are there three key attributes that Kyle must acquire throughout the game in order to complete various objectives: ‘respect,’ ‘tension,’ and ‘money’:
- Respect - Kyle’s ‘respect’ level will define his interaction with the enemies and bystanders.
- Tension - Affects Kyle’s fighting ability. Increasing his ‘tension’ level unlocks more powerful attack moves. The amount of tension the player builds is based on how intensely Kyle fights. The better the performance, the greater the reward.
- Money - Affects what helpful items and services that can be purchased, including weapons, information, hiring allies, etc.
- • Intensified fighting – Partake in the raw intensity of fighting on and off the streets. Final Fight: Streetwise offers balanced action between various methods of combat:
- Hand-to-hand and super combos– Execute primary close-range attacks and deliver devastating combos, such as nose-shattering punches and excruciating knees to the groin.
- Hand-to-hand and weapons – Damage enemies at close range with hand-to-hand combat and finish them off with weapons, including pool cues, 2x4’s, steel pipes, knives, grenades, shotguns and machine guns.
- Instinct Mode – Increase your attack power and accuracy when activating this mode.
- Counter-Time Mode – Show off Kyle’s ultra-fast reflexes for counter-attacks by slowing down time with special parry maneuvers.
- Single or two player campaigns – Play alone to unlock characters in the main game for use in 2 player co-op mode
- Diverse NPC interactions – Interact with NPCs in order to obtain information, buy/sell items, or hire them as allies.
- Dynamic Environments - Missions will offer a non-linear free roaming experience, giving the player the opportunity to freely explore their surroundings for clues, key characters, etc., as well rewarding side missions. Revisit locations and see the dramatic transformation of the city as it is torn apart by escalating chaos.
- Realistic and Stylish visuals – The grittiness of Metro City is brought to life in incredible detail.
- Dolby Sound Pro Logic® II (PlayStation 2 only) and Dolby® Digital (Xbox only) – Final Fight: Streetwise will include a system that will enhance the licensed music tracks and realistic fighting sounds heard throughout the game.
- Bonus material – Mini-games, unlockable content including the original Final Fight, side stories and a pulse pounding music soundtrack featuring hot new hip hop and alternative metal artists.
The classic Capcom fighting action, expansive 3D environments, and diverse gameplay of Final Fight: Streetwise is now available at retailers across North America and carries an “M” rating for mature audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board).
More articles about Final Fight: Streetwise