The third and latest installment in the critically acclaimed role-playing game series, Shadow Hearts: From The New World takes place in the United States during the Great Depression. Featuring a gripping and inspirational storyline with up to 60 hours of gameplay, players can expect to run into a unique set of characters at famous, real-world locations including Chicago, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and New York. The addictive Judgment Ring System has been improved, adding even more excitement and strategy to the overall gameplay.
The story begins as Johnny Garland, a young, 16-year old detective who lost his father, sister and his memory in an accident, accepts an investigation to track down a criminal suspect who escaped from custody. As he closes in on the suspect, Johnny witnesses a supernatural occurrence -- a huge monster appears from a green light known as the "window" and swallows up the criminal. Apparently, a series of horrific incidents similar to this have been plaguing the cities across the nation. Johnny's female counterpart is 21-year-old bounty hunter Shania, a Native American who is searching for these mysterious windows and determined to fight them using her spiritual powers. Together, they travel around the states and are joined by other characters.
- Series trademark Judgment Ring battle system makes a return with improvements -- "Stock System" allowing players the option of executing a "Combo" command with a second character or "Double" command enabling a character to perform two different actions in one turn.
- A completely new story and set of new characters will make the title easily accessible to newcomers of the series with its unique style and sense of humor.
- A cast of well-drawn, entertaining characters with distinct personalities and reappearances by a few of the series' favorites.
- Experience a higher level of realism with easy to navigate, visually-stunning backgrounds, special lighting and illumination effects.
- Huge production values with dramatic events unfolding through high quality graphics, CG cut scenes, impressive sound effects and voice-overs.
Shadow Hearts: From The New World is scheduled for release in March 7, 2006.