Loco Mania is a fast paced, action/strategy game that puts you in charge of managing an entire railway network. Players have to control switches, semaphores and train directions to get the trains through the system as quickly and efficiently as possible. Each level will put players through a multitude of tasks from getting trains to their destination on time to guiding trains with hazard laden cargo safely home. Successfully clearing the trains through the railway system improves the players score and unlocks maps to take the game through progressively challenging levels. Loco Mania will feature 12 maps each inspired by various European landscapes designed to provide a unique gameplay experience.
- Multiple game modes each with their own unique challenges.
- All train models are based on real trains with 26 locos (steam-powered, electric and diesel) and 36 carriages.
- Loco Mania contains over 12 different maps inspired by different European landscapes each with an increasing degree of difficulty.
- Gameplay allows you to control switches, semaphores and directions of all trains.
- A unique Inspection mode allows you to survey your tracks and the various landscapes from a 3D view point on top of your train.
- Beautifully detailed 3D environments with effects such as; steam, chimney smoke, rotating wheels, real time lighting and shadows.
- Simulation of weather effects and daylight, faint rain, snowing, streetlights, low-altitude clouds hovering above the landscape.
- Realistic sounds for all ingame objects and addictive background music for each map.
- Includes a beginner friendly tutorial to teach you the elementary controls and strategy.
The game is scheduled to begin shipping across Europe by the end of February 2006.