"Blazing Angels has impressed us all on Xbox and Xbox 360, and now we're proud to be able to take it another step further and show how incredible it is on PC," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft. "Ubisoft Romania will prove to the market the tremendous capabilities and power of the PC and Media Center PC in high quality gaming."
In Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII for the PC, players test their air-combat skills as they experience the most famous battles of World War II. As a squadron leader, players can fly up to 40 WWII aircraft in both single-player and multiplayer missions. Advancing a great line of graphical and technological features along with a very intuitive interface, Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII for the PC provides PC gamers a combat experience in true World War II battles sites such as England, Germany, France, Morocco, Pearl Harbor, Midway and Tokyo.
Special Features from this DVD version will include:
- Over 18 missions grouped into a compelling historical battle campaign. Over 40 missions in standalone modes (Mini-Campaign, Arcade and Ace Duel).
- Sixteen-player online and LAN play in 10 game types (Dogfight, Aces High, Seek and Destroy, Onslaught, Bombing Run, Kamikaze, Historical Battles and Capture the Base) in three multiplayer modes (Solo, Co-op and Squadron).
- Amazingly detailed terrain including a variety of high-resolution specular maps. Photorealistic recreations of iconic cityscapes and locations including the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the London Bridge and the ships in port at Pearl Harbor.
- Over 39 flyable high-definition, authentic-looking planes. High-resolution plane models (8,000-10 000 polygons per plane) and usage of large textures for the planes (1024x1024 = 4 Mb of texture per plane). Other aircraft features include multiple plane skins and nose-art, and destruction details for each plane model. Over 70 planes can be seen in the sky at once.
- Detailed vehicles and 3D-modeled people. High-resolution and 3D detail for over 40 vehicle models, and all vehicle models have damage levels. Each 3D-modeled person has over 10 animated movements.
- Impressive sound features. Hear all the combat excitement with the 48 KHz high-quality sampled sound and up to 64 3D sound sources 5.1 compatible
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII for the PC is scheduled for release in March 2006.