Further localized versions, such as Polish, Spanish and Russian, are also currently in development.
“We are very pleased to announce that further versions, including English, of Keepsake have now gone gold”, said Erik Schreuder, Lighthouse CEO. “Keepsake has been a great success with gamers in Germany and we are looking forward to bringing this terrific adventure title to the rest of Europe”.
Yves Bordeleau, President of Wicked Studios, added: “We are extremely excited to see Keepsake launching throughout more territories in Europe. Developing Keepsake has been a work of passion and we are proud to share our adventure with gamers everywhere”.
In an enchanted world of mystery, beauty and boundless imagination, begins the epic quest of Lydia, a young girl embarking on a journey of enlightenment that takes her to the gates of Dragonvale Academy where she will become a new apprentice.
Upon her arrival, something is terribly amiss… The campus is deserted and even Celeste, Lydia’s best friend who is a scholar at the Academy, is no where to be found! Confused and intrigued, Lydia explores the vast surroundings, the grand hall and the labyrinth of rooms and corridors of the immense Academy. While exploring, Lydia stumbles across a most disturbing object… a doll she gave Celeste the last time they saw one another some 8 years ago. Celeste would never part with this keepsake. It is now clear to Lydia that treachery and sorrow lurks in the halls of the Academy…
Accompanied by a charmed dragon named Zak who helps her to unravel the many enigmas along her journey, Lydia must quickly overcome trials in The Chamber of Passage, understand the secrets of the runes and glyphs, and master the forces of magic to uncover the mystery behind Dragonvale Academy and the beloved keepsake…
- Deep and involving storyline where suspense and mystery awaits at every corner
- Explore a vast environment located in a Medieval Fantasy Setting
- Easy to use interface that evolves as new features become available
- 3rd Person gameplay powered by a state-of-the-art graphic engine
- Teamed with an odd companion, main character Lydia is never alone in the game
- With our special Active Hint System, help is always available when you feel puzzled or lost
- Talk to sidekick Zak and NPCs in interactive dialogs to learn more about the plot
- Tricky puzzles but yet easy to play: the game challenges your wits rather than your dexterity
- Smooth learning curve with "in game tutorial" ensure a most pleasant gaming experience
- Multi-Platform (Windows 98/2000/Me/XP)
- 1024x768x32 pre-rendered background graphics
- 5000+ poly fully animated 3d characters
- Dynamic lighting and shadows
- Many levels of details to provide a quality game for low and high-end computers
- 3d atmospheric sound effects
- Contextual digital music
- Professional musical score
In Game Help System
One of the coolest features of Keepsake is its Active Hint system. Who hasn't got to that really frustrating point in a game? Most of us have at one time or another... and what happened? We went on the net and got a walkthrough. Everyone has a different threshold regarding their degree of patience to solve a difficult puzzle. It's with that in mind that we decided to create the active hint system. Whenever a player gets stuck on a puzzle, a special button on the interface will be available to ask side-kick Zak for some hints.
The puzzles and obstacles Lydia will have to overcome in Keepsake are of variable difficulty and they get harder as you progress in the game. We tried to avoid as much as possible the "Go Fetch" style of puzzle mainly found in classic adventure titles. Also, the game puzzles will never get frustrating or discouraging since Zak will always be there to help you out.
Main character interactions
Another interesting feature of Keepsake is that, apart from at the beginning of the game, you'll never be alone in your journey. The feeling generated by this is much more dynamic than other adventure games where you are alone most of the time.
More articles about Keepsake