The current version 4.03 (4.03m) is not compatible with the previous versions of the sim when playing over the network (Online). Both the server and client must have the appropriate versions in order to connect.
For your convenience, we have introduced different version numbers for the stand-alone installation and the merged (FB+AEP+PF) install.
4.03 – for stand-alone PF
4.03m – for merged (FB+AEP+PF)
Attention: versions 4.03 and 4.03m are not compatible with each other when playing over the network (Online).
Add-On Installation Instructions (Please read carefully)
The 4.03 free add-on installs only over 4.02 (PF stand alone).
The 4.03m free add-on installs only over 4.02m (FB+AEP+PF merged).
In order to install this free add-on, run the following:
1) For Stand alone: PF_patch403.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
2) For Merged: PF_patch403m.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note that the merged version of Pacific Fighter will get all additions and features that are listed below, while the stand alone installation will only get the Pacific Fighters-specific ones marked by ‘*’.
Spitfire MK.IX 25lbs
Top Rear Gunners.
Unfortunately, the Il-2 / FB / PF code was never intended for a single crewman alternating between firing positions due to online gameplay limitations. In Ju-88 cause we would not be able to prevent the AI from, for example, firing the rear right top gun while the player fired the left gun. Due to these limitations and in order to keep a level playing field, the right top gunner in Ju-88 will always be controlled by AI.
The Ju-88 is no different in controls from other flyable bombers on all other respects.
3D model of cockpit.
Please accept this cockpit as it is.
Dive Bombing Method in the Ju-88
These are the actual instructions from the historical Fl Üb 8-179/4 manual.
(Traditional method with "Dive Automation")
1. Close radiator.
2. Set propeller pitch to 100% (Auto).
3. Set bombsight speed to estimated drop speed (can also adjust during dive).
4. Set bombsight altitude (for example 1000m).
5. Center trim (on Ju88 red marks).
6. Press Divebrake button (this will also trim plane to dive).
7. Set power to idle (0%).
8. Take aim with ring in top part of the sight. Also take note of the dive
bombing marker ("Krawatte") below the ring on the vertical line.
9. Hold target in the ring until you hear the drop altitude warning buzzer.
10. Pull up so that the dive bombing marker becomes superimposed on the
target. Hold steady for a moment.
11. Press the bomb release button (this will also initiate the pull-out by centering
the trim again).
12. Press the divebrake button again to raise the brakes up.
13. Apply power slowly to avoid overspeeding the engines.
14. Open the radiator and adjust prop pitch for cruise, if necessary.
1. Aircraft is equipped with propeller feathering devices. They work normally like on other two-engine bombers of the sim (i.e. when using separate engine control).
2. Speeds for maximum rated power was calculated from the known German trial curves of A-0 series for the combat power ("Steig- und Kampfleistung") - 609 km/h at Sea Level and 773 km/h at 6,500 m
3. Aircraft is equipped with the ejection seat. The top vertical stabilizer and the rear propeller are also jettisoned for safer bail out.
New ground objects:
New buildings (coming soon to a Norway map near you from third party!)
Modifications and fixes
There is a large number of small modifications to the entire code of our simulation.
We accumulated user input and fixed lots of big and little things in order to polish our simulation even further. We sincerely thank all of our users who were so helpful in the process!
Reworked the following series:
Bf-109 – increased maneuverability;
Yak – decreased sensitivity;
LaGG - corrected weights (approx. 300 kg added).
Mustang MK.III and P-47D 150 octane – corrected speeds
Increased damping factor for the ball indicator.
Minor changes in reaction of the controls.
If you have a computer with a Pentium 4 processor, you may occasionally encounter game lock-ups or crashes to desktop. In order to solve that, copy your il2_core.dll into the il2_corep4.dll (for example, with the following command: "copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll"; or, in Windows Explorer, navigate to your sim installation directory, delete the existing il2_corep4.dll, make a copy of the il2_core.dll, and rename the copy to il2_corep4.dll)
Reworked water render
To see the updated water render please modify the Water section in the file conf.ini in the [Render_OpenGL] section.
Water = 0 or 1 – No changes in version 4.03.
Water = 2 – This mode is visually similar to water = 3 but it runs on ATI cards 9800, X800, X1800 and later models.
Water = 3 – Fast render mode with Vertex Shaders 3.0 (NVIDIA 6600 and later models)
Water = 4 – Better quality mode with Vertex Shaders 3.0 (NVIDIA 6800 and later models)
ATI supports modes: 0, 1, 2
NVIDIA 6600 and later models support: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
NVIDIA cards before the series 6xxx support 0, 1, 2 (2 is not recommended)
The Frames Per Second loss experience by some players when using TrackIR and playing online has been corrected.
More articles about Pacific Fighters