New Multiplayer Missions
Included in this version of America's Army are two new multiplayer missions. One of these missions is an Infantry mission, the other is a Ranger mission. These two missions represent the first Infantry and Ranger missions since 'Urban Assault' & 'Woodland Outpost' in v2.3.0. The new 'Dusk' mission is also the first VIP mission since SF Hospital in v2.0.0.
- Dusk: (75th Ranger Regiment)
Enemy forces have ambushed a small convoy. The convoy was transporting a friendly Resistance leader who was carrying highly sensitive information regarding enemy troop movement and location. Radio contact confirms that the Resistance leader is still alive and located in an abandoned building. A squad from the 75th Ranger Regiment must locate the surviving Resistance leader, then escort this VIP safely to the extraction point.
- Border: (172nd Sep. Infantry BDE)
A known terrorist cell has set up a base of operations in a small border village. Intelligence reports confirm they are planning a synchronized bombing strike at several different civilian landmarks. Intelligence also reports that high level sensitive information (Precious Cargo) pertaining to this bombing strike is being kept at this location. A squad from the 172nd Sep. Infantry BDE must secure the precious cargo located in this village and then proceed safely to the extraction point.
New AA Browser (Match-Making System)
This version of America's Army debuts the new AA Browser (Match-Making System) powered by Pragmatic Solutions, Inc. The AA Browser enhances the game experience by providing advanced server filtering options and stats displays, including:
- Filter by Average Honor (players on server)
- Filter by Geographical Location
- Filter by AA Tour (Ranger, SF, etc.)
- Search by Server Name
- Search by Player Name
Version 2.6 unveils the first phase of functions now possible with Pragmatic's technology. Additional AA Browser features will be integrated in future releases.
While the community becomes familiar with the AA Browser, GameSpy service is still available in-game. This dual browser option allows for a smooth transition to the new AA Browser System. Players can switch between the 2 server browsers by using the pull-down box on the Deployment>Internet user interface tab.
Any match-making system provides a "close to" real-world representation of game servers and their players. Due to the nature of the internet and available technology there may be differences in server lists and attributes between AA Browser and Gamespy.
*IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SERVER HOSTS/ADMINS:
UPDATED GAME PORTS:
With the addition of the new AA Master Browser System (MBS) - there is an additional internet port that is required to be open for the new MBS to function properly on AA game servers:
TCP Port 20025 (default value)
This port can be manually configured to any port you would like to use by changing the following line in your server ini file:
Thus, the internet ports currently required to be open for America's Army v2.6 are listed below:
UDP - 1716, 1717, 1718, 8777, 27900
TCP - 20045, 20046, 20025
UDP ports 1716 for the game, 1717 for the gamequery, 1718 for the master server query, 8777 for the standard UT query, 27900 for GameSpy, TCP ports 20045, 20046 for the Auth server, and 20025 for the new AA Browser (MBS).
- America's Army no longer officially supports the Windows 98 or Windows ME operating systems.
- Added new PB Updating utility called pbsetup.exe. This replaces the old pbweb.exe and is a faster way to manually update your PB version. This new utility is named pbsetup.exe and will be located in its own 'pbsetup' folder located in the America's Army 'System' directory.
- Added support for forcing disabling of shadows on all clients (CAL/CPL admins want this since shadows are exploitable as currently implemented). New Command Post field added to enable/disable this field.
- Addition of status of player shadow flag to tournament results file. Added in a new field to the tournament results file ("PlayerShadowsAllowedue/False") to indicate whether or not the tournament allowed player's to enable shadows during match play. Also added in display in TM Server Info page to show whether or not shadows are allowed. Leagues who mandate the use of this option now have a method to verify it was used.
- Added in two admin centered messages to warn users when they earn ROE by hitting friendlies or non-combatants.
- Enabled VSync by default.
- Fix for weapon disappearing after treating a teammate. The fix makes resuming and interrupting of heal to not cause the gun to go down or up.
- MP Player startup change to better synchronize player's starting out at beginning of round.
- Disabled 'Pause' function (exploit)
- Fix for "Shake nnnn" bound with "Fire" disabled recoil bug. (exploit) Adjusted so the only combinations for the Fire command in a bind are "Fire" and "Button bFire | Fire". Any other commands bound to that are stripped out.
- Adjusted the Command Post player list and spectator list positions to show all 26 players at the same time on a full server.
- Removed Shotgun from the game.
- Added Playtip when picking up a rifle the player is unqualified for (i.e. Sniper rifle).
- Discontinued support for reverse stereo.
- Removed outdated icons in server browser.
- Added additional protection for Admin Change Server Password functionality.
- Updated PunkBuster security code integration.
- Fix for not being able to stand near the “use” triggers when crouched.
- Fix for TM not handling tie breaking by score correctly.
- Fix for TM Crash when invalid file system characters used in server name.
- Fix for player list in Command Post reseting every two seconds.
- Fix for ability to disable ambient sounds with AmbientVolume in INI. (exploit)
- Fix for jumping while Fixing jam.
- Fix for round limit > 20 CP resets rounds to zero.
- Fix for no time units shown for MOTD duration in CP.
- Removed many "Accessed None" warnings and excess log statements.
- Fix for CEM meter being too high when player uses OpFor weapons.
- Fix for player being able to obtain 255 Med Packs when healing two players at the same time.
- Fixed 'Nearclip' exploit.
- Fixed 'StopSounds' exploit.
- Fixed the AMD incompatibilities experienced by some (Authentication).
- Fix for Door Breacher locking bug. Now, door should not open if there is a breacher attached to it.
- Fixed exploit where player is able to gain CEM bonus for deployed bipod while standing.
- Fix for spacing between player names in menus being incorrect in spectators box.
- Fix for being able to secure objective without using the USE key.
- Fix for pawn being able to fire while taking any timed objective.
- Fix for being able to bleed to death after the round has ended and before new round begins.
- Fix for Non-PB Official Servers and false name change.
- Fix for multiple rapid secondary weapon switches locking the secondary weapon selection.
- Fix for crash when loading a demo, or returning to the main menu after a demo has played.
- Fix for votekick reason list appearing twice with bad votekick instruction.
- Fixed rare bug in CEM/Stamina recovery time.
- Fix for slow volume updates and performance issues relating to faster speed updates.
- Passwords can no longer be accessed using the "get" console command.
- Fix for Score Objectives screen being available before authorization completes.
- Fixed VIP HUD indicator issues.
- Fix for "Cheater" messages when kicked for zero-length user name.
- Fix for exploit where the player is able to drop the carryable objective at spawn points.
- Fix for Admin swap request on last round causing the loss of TM results.
- Fix for admin command post 3 day ban only issuing a one day ban.
- Fix for Resume command not working for Super Admin.
- Fix for case of filter strings not being preserved.
- Fix for Banlist tab refreshing.
- Fix for PB "Say" commands no longer working.
- Fixed several rare client crashes.
- Fixed many map bugs (too many to list).
America's Army Server Manager (AASM):
Installation and Uninstallation Notes
To install the new AASM version included in the patch from v2.5.0 - you must manually install the AASM after you have successfully patched the game. This can be done by double clicking the 'AASM 1-3 Setup.exe' located in the 'America's ArmySystem' directory.
To remove previous installations (or if the install fails and is unable to automatically remove the previous version) do the following:
1. Download and install from Microsoft the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. You can retrieve it from Microsoft on this webpage: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid;en-us;290301
2. Delete the contents of the AASM folder (unless you are planning on installing the new AASM 1.3 version provided with 2.6.0, in which case simply skip this step).
3. Run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and select the "America's Army Server Manager 1.0" (or 1.1 depending on which version you have installed) from the list. The utility will remove it from your Add/Remove programs list.
For help using AASM please see the provided manual or press F1 to get help for specific portions of the program.