Featuring an enhanced version of the original’s lauded physics engine with even faster driving track designs, FlatOut 2 also boasts numerous improvements, enhancements and additions to make the title the definitive FlatOut experience. Twice as many vehicles, a more sophisticated career mode, additional race environments, double the number of tracks, twice as many mini-games along with brand new and much requested online multiplayer modes are just some of the exhaustive features that are included in FlatOut 2.
With more than 5,000 fully destructible objects on every track as well as 40 deformable parts on each vehicle, physical interaction in a racing game is taken to unprecedented heights. With a greater emphasis placed on causing destruction on the track by offering greater rewards, game play will be even more frantic than ever. Drivers will need to tear into competitors’ cars, trash the local scenery, litter the track with obstacles, while at the same time trying to concentrate on their own race in a bid to cross the line first.
The ever-popular Ragdoll mini-games from the original FlatOut game make a welcome return and are better than ever with 12 Ragdoll events, a Ragdoll Championship and full online support. New Ragdoll events include basketball, baseball and royal flush cards.
- Bigger variety of race environments including Big City, L.A. Storm Drains, Rocky Mountain Forest, Corn Fields and Desert
- Twice as many tracks with alternate track routes included for the first time
- Enhanced Championship Mode with multiple cups across increasing difficultly levels
- Twice as many vehicles plus additional car types--Muscle cars, Sports cars, Pickup Trucks and Compacts
- Garage feature allows player to now own multiple vehicles
- Unlockable bonuses including additional cars, Championship Cups and Destruction Arenas
- Improved opponent AI with each AI driver represented by a character and exhibiting a unique driving style
- Multiplayer support :
- Online multiplayer modes - up to six players on PS 2 and eight players on Xbox
- Four player offline split screen Multiplayer mode on Xbox; two player on PS 2
- Now available online! -- Destruction Derby Arenas and Ragdoll Mini Games
More articles about FlatOut 2