Minimum System Requirements
Intel Pentium III or an AMD Athlon equivalent.
Windows 2000/XP (95/98/ME/NT not supported)
If you are running Windows(r) 2000 or Windows(r) XP, you must
have Administrator rights to properly install and play the Warpath Demo.
256 MB System RAM.
1 GB free disk space.
100% DirectX® 9.0 compatible 64MB hardware accelerated video
card and the latest drivers.
ATI® Radeon(tm) 8500
ATI® Radeon(tm) 9000
ATI® Radeon(tm) 9200
ATI® Radeon(tm) 9500
ATI® Radeon(tm) 9600
ATI® Radeon(tm) 9700
ATI® Radeon(tm) 9800
All ATI® Radeon(tm) X series
All nVidia® GeForce(tm) 3/Ti series
All nVidia® GeForce(tm) 4/Ti series
All nVidia® GeForce(tm) FX series
All nVidia® GeForce(tm) 6 series
A Windows compatible sound card.
Quad Speed (4X) CD-ROM drive.
DirectX 9c (Provided during installation).
TCP/IP and LAN play are supported. A 56K modem is the minimum requirement.
Windows /2000/XP compatible mouse and keyboard.
Double click the WarPath Demo Application and follow the onscreen instructions to unpack and install the WarPath Demo. Once installed run the game with the "Warpath demo" shortcut on your desktop.
The default controls are listed below. These can be changed in
the options menu.
W - Move forward
S - Move backwards
A - Strafe left
D - Strafe right
Space - Jump
C - Crouch
F - Dash
' - Strafe
Delete - Up
Page Down - Down
Center View - End/Home
Left Mouse - Fire
Right Mouse - Zoom
Q - Vibro blade
R - Reload
Wheel Down - Next Weapon
Wheel Up - Previous Weapon
X - Weapon Menu
Z - EMAD
1 - Wolverine
2 - Violator
3 - Tyrant
4 - Vanguard
5 - Javelin
6 - Judge
E - Use
O - Show Objectives
ESC - Show Menu
T - Say
Y - Team Say
Tab - Quick Console
- - Console
The latest version of DirectX can be downloaded from:
- Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements listed. Installing the Warpath™ Demo on a computer that does not meet the minimum system requirements can lead to unpredictable results.
- Before installing the game, make sure all running programs, especially anti-virus software, are closed. Many installation problems are avoided this way.
- If you are running Windows XP or Windows 2000, you must install the Warpath™ Demo via a user account with administrator or power user privileges. If you do not have administrator or power user privileges, please contact your system administrator for further details.
- If you are running a firewall or a router, you may experience difficulties attempting to play the Warpath™ Demo on a LAN or the Internet. You must configure your firewall/router to allow the Warpath™ demo to access ports 7897 through 7898 for game sessions and port 29808 for the master matchmaking server. Ensure that TCP and UDP are enabled for all of these ports. If you do not know how to do this, contact your system administrator or firewall/router vendor for further information.
- If your machine is running Windows XP with Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed and Internet Connection Firewall enabled, you may experience difficulties attempting to play the Warpath™ demo on a LAN or the Internet. To correct this, you should either install Service Pack 2 (SP2) or disable the Internet Connection Firewall from your network settings. Follow these steps to disable the Internet Connection Firewall:
- Click the Start Menu.
- Select Control Panel or if you are running windows in classic mode select Settings
- Select Internet and Network connections and then Network Connections. Or if you are running windows in classic mode select network connections.
- Right click on your Local Area Connection icon and select Properties.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Make sure there is no checkmark in the box next to “Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet”.
- If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), you may experience issues attempting to play Warpath™ over the Internet due to the SP2 firewall. To correct this, follow these steps:
- Launch Warpath.
- From the main menu, click Join Multiplayer Game.
- When the server browser comes up, press ALT and TAB at the same time. This will return you to your Windows desktop.
- A window entitled “Windows Security Alert” should be present. Click Unblock to allow Warpath™ to access Internet game servers.
- Click Warpath™ in the Windows taskbar. This will return you to the game.
- Quit Warpath™ by selecting Exit Game from the main menu.
- Re-launch Warpath™ - you should now be able to connect to Internet games.
- Some video cards, often included with laptops, have a rotation feature that can cause the game to display sideways. Going into your display properties and disabling the rotation feature should solve this issue. Contact your video card manufacturer for further support regarding the rotation feature.
- You may need to obtain the latest DirectX 9.0 compliant drivers from your hardware manufacturer’s website. Many technical problems can be resolved by simply updating your video and sound card drivers.
- Depending on your system configuration, game play performance may be altered by changing graphical options in the Settings, Video Settings menu. Lowering the Resolution and Video Mode will allow the game to run faster, while increasing them may cause the game to run slower but look better. If game play performance is still poor, you can also turn down the Detail Level and
Shadows on this screen. Remember to click Apply Video Changes after making changes to these options. Adjusting one (or all) of these graphical options can dramatically increase game play speed.
- For optimal game play performance we recommend closing all other programs or applications before playing Warpath™.
Support can be found Online by visiting:
or E-Mail at:
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Don't forget to apply CAM pickups to your weapons including your EMAD. You can do this by holding down the X key and clicking on the weapons you want to upgrade - that's if you have enough CAMS.
- In multiplayer, you get CAMS by killing other players or bots.
- Don't forget to dash, by pressing the F key, in the game; this allows you to travel faster for short bursts.
- Don't forget about the Vibro blade it is a deadly weapon.
More articles about WarPath