In Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII, players test their air-combat skills as they experience the most famous battles of World War II. As a squadron leader, players can fly up to 38 WWII aircraft in both single-player and multiplayer missions.
Developed by Ubisoft, Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII features innovative squadron-based combat, in which each artificial intelligence wingman's specialized skill can be used to the pilot's advantage. During the course of the 18-mission campaign, players will evolve along with their wingmen into an ace fighting force. Spectacular graphics enhance the combat experience in true World War II battle sites such as England, Germany, France, Morocco, Pearl Harbor, Midway and Tokyo. The heroic storyline that follows the evolution of a single squadron and the cinematic presentation create moments reminiscent of classic World War II movies. Pilots fly in close to Germany's industrial terrain during a bombing raid or emerge from the fog and cloud cover over London to engage the enemy. Up to 16 players online can engage over Xbox Live online game service in head-to-head dogfights or cooperative team play between squadrons in 10 additional missions.
Xbox 360 and Xbox Key features :
- WWII's most epic and famous air battles: Experience the greatest air battles of World War II in famous locations from across the globe. Whether it's the Battle of Britain, the attack on Pearl Harbor or the fierce fighting over Berlin, the player and his squadron will be tasked with turning the tide of war.
- Innovative squadron-based gameplay: Command AI wingmen and make use of each one's special abilities. The pilot's heroism and leadership will grow during the course of the 18-mission campaign. Engage in legendary air battles and lead a squadron of Blazing Angels to victory.
- A large variety of realistic-looking WWII aircraft: Pilot 38 authentic WWII aircraft including the famous P-51 Mustang, the B-17 Flying Fortress and the British Spitfire, and planes like the Luftwaffe's Messerschmitt and the Japanese Zero in multiplayer. From the wing rivets to the nose art to the detailed cockpits, these planes look like the real thing.
- 18 heart-stopping missions in a compelling storyline: Pilots will begin as untrained recruits and evolve through battle experience into ace combat pilots. WWII missions will take place around the globe in a large variety of locations such as London, the Pacific theater, North Africa, Normandy and Berlin.
- Authentic WWII atmosphere: Fly low over Germany's industrial terrain for a bombing raid, strafe the islands of the Pacific, or emerge from the cloud cover over London and engage the enemy. The environment is so real you'll feel like you're the pilot in a famous WWII movie.
- Planes are easy to handle and fun to fly: No need to attend the Air Force Academy to pilot these planes; players can jump right into air combat action without extensive tutorials.
- Xbox Live for up to 16 players online: Engage in head-to-head dogfights or cooperative team play between squadrons on huge maps with large formations.
PC Key features :
- Heart-pounding single-player campaigns: Over 18 missions grouped into a compelling historical battle campaign. Over 40 missions in standalone modes (Mini-Campaign, Arcade and Ace Duel).
- Thrilling multiplayer combat: 16-player online and LAN play in 10 game types (Dogfight, Aces High, Seek and Destroy, Onslaught, Bombing Run, Kamikaze, Historical Battles and Capture the Base) in three multiplayer modes (Solo, Co-op and Squadron).
- Innovative graphical features: Amazingly detailed terrain including a variety of high-resolution specular maps. Photorealistic recreations of iconic cityscapes and locations including the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the London Bridge and the ships in port at Pearl Harbor.
- Over 39 flyable high-definition, authentic-looking planes: High-resolution plane models (8,000-10 000 polygons per plane) and usage of large textures for the planes (1024x1024 = 4 Mb of texture per plane). Other aircraft features include multiple plane skins and nose-art, and destruction details for each plane model. Over 70 planes can be seen in the sky at once.
- Detailed vehicles and 3D-modeled people: High-resolution and 3D detail for over 40 vehicle models, and all vehicle models have damage levels. Each 3D-modeled person has over 10 animated movements.
- Impressive sound features: Hear all the combat excitement with the 48 KHz high-quality sampled sound and up to 64 3D sound sources 5.1 compatible.
Blazing Angels will ship with an ESRB rating of "T" (Teen) for Xbox 360, Xbox, and PC.
For more information and updates, please visit www.blazing-angels.com.
More articles about Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII