This is a public multiplayer test release of DropTeam. The purpose of this release is to test DropTeam's network functionality with a large number of players. Anyone can play for free in order to help us test DropTeam but this build has the following important restrictions:
1. Single player is disabled. You can only play network games with this release. The full version of the game includes single player skirmish games and a single player campaign.
2. This release only allows you to play 2 scenarios. The full version of the game includes 21 scenarios with more available for free download after release.
3. This is a test release, which means the game isn't finished yet. It definitely still has bugs. We greatly appreciate your help in finding and fixing them all!
Apart from these restrictions, this is a fully functional release. Players can use all of the dozens of vehicles and deployable items in the game. The two included scenarios are "Ice Field" and "Raid". Ice Field takes place on the frozen wasteland of Arcanum, a once-inhabitable planet orbitting Luyten's Star that has had its climate devastated by bombardments from the Mu Arae Entente. The Raid scenario takes place on an inhabitable moon called Hopewell. Hopewell orbits a gas giant in the Wolf 9773 star system. Almost half of the moon's surface, called "The Scorch", is a radiocative Hell created by the destruction of an antimatter station that used to orbit the gas giant. The remainder of Hopewell has recovered from this disaster and is once again beginning to flourish with vegetation and a growing human population.
This release includes everything needed to connect to servers and play on the Internet or on Local Area Networks on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X Tiger. It also includes everything needed for players to run their own public or private servers. This is important since there will be a limited number of public servers made available by TBG. We plan to run only 6 servers for this public test release so players might need to run their own servers if they want to play frequently.
A stripped down version of the game's manual is available in PDF format. This abbreviated manual explains everything players need to know about running the game and also what administrators need to know about running their own servers.
DropTeam Public Test Minimum Requirements:
Geforce4/Radeon 9600 64MB VRAM class video or better
512 MB system RAM
* Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003
* Pentium III 800MHz or better
* Catalyst 6.2 or higher drivers for ATI users
* Forceware 81.98 or higher for nVidia users
* OpenGL 1.5 or better for other video cards
* P4 or G5 CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* nVidia 6600 or Radeon 9800 class video card
More articles about DropTeam