Empire at War Patch 1.03 Notes
- Added a new Multiplayer Land Skirmish map: "Corellian Countdown." This Skirmish map allows players to raise their own population cap by taking control points. This is similar to how land maps in Campaign games work.
- Added a new 43 Planet Multiplayer Campaign Map: "Lines are Drawn." This is a larger Campaign map that contains all of the planets from galactic map used in the story.
- Added an "ignore" button to the Internet lobby. Ignored player chat is not seen in any Internet dialog, and Ignored players are shown in a different color in the player list.
- Added "Quality Lights" to the multiplayer game lobby screen to indicate connection performance between players. Detailed ToolTips will also display when the mouse cursor is hovering over the "quality" lights.
- Added a "test connections" button to the multiplayer game lobby screen that allows players to test out their connections with other players in a match before starting.
- Corrected several issues that caused Quick Match to hang indefinitely.
- Corrected an issue where Quick Match would connect more than two players to a game, resulting in a sync error.
- Several stat exploits that have been discovered and abused have been corrected. As a result, the GameSpy Arena 1v1 Space Skirmish, 1v1 Land Skirmish and 1v1 Campaign ladders will be reset. It is important to note that the ladders will remain populated. However, the current stats will be cleared to coincide with the 1.03 update as this levels the playing field allowing all players to fairly earn a ladder rank.
- Victory movies can now be skipped in multiplayer games.
- Corrected an issue where AT-ATs would stop moving when tow-cabled by Rebel speeders, allowing players to stop the unit from suffering a successful tow-cable attack.
- Client player in a match is now allowed to change color/faction after pressing accept.
- Increased Multiplayer stability for LAN and Internet games.
- Corrected an issue that caused CD-Keys to become invalid when playing on Limited-User Windows profiles.
- Corrected several text issues, including the removal of references to the Venator and corrections for "missing" text problems.
- Corrected an issue that allowed Empire heroes to be placed on the Death Star.
- Numerous other improvements and corrections have also been made in this patch.
- Improved targeting priority for AI when fighting Star Destroyers.
- Increased the tractor beam hard point health from 100 to 150 for Star Destroyers.
- Increased the Garrison spawn time from 15 seconds to 25 Seconds for most buildings.
More articles about Star Wars: Empire at War