In CivCity: Rome, gamers will recreate the glory of Rome by building a small settlement into a mighty imperial city. Featuring hundreds of buildings including gladiatorial schools, amphitheatres, the circus maximus, legionnaire forts, weapons workshops and much more, CivCity: Rome offers the most detailed look at Roman life ever depicted on a computer screen.
CivCity: Rome invites players to shift focus from building a multi-city empire and zoom-in on the great cities of the Roman Empire, culminating in Rome itself! Through dozens of missions, each offering an array of interesting decisions, players will be charged with building, nurturing and managing one of these great cities as they endeavour to lead the Roman Empire from its humble beginnings to its mighty apogee. Features players have enjoyed in the Civilization series, like research, city happiness, production and culture, can now be managed actively in the wonderfully immersive world of CivCity: Rome.
- Look inside the buildings – For the first time in a city builder you can look inside the Villas, the forums, and even the Roman baths! Discover, in much greater detail, how Romans went about their daily lives.
- Civilize your city – More than 70 technologies can be developed over time to give your city a strategic advantage. Use the rich research tree to improve many aspects of your city and its relation to the wider empire.
- Follow the life of a Roman family – Do they thrive and prosper from humble hut to noble palace as they move through the generations... or not? Well, that's your call!
- Ease of play – Driven purely by building placement and strong visual feedback, the game lets you create your own living community simply by choosing and placing the wide variety of buildings.
- Real Romans - An intriguing array of characters will interact with you and bring high drama to your city with their emotions, state of health, and candid feelings about the city. There will even be famous Romans in the city who will comment on and present new challenges for you.
- Build mighty wonders – Influence the direction of your city by building spectacular monuments. Production of these trophy buildings will give your city big advantages and look great too!
- This is not your Father's Rome – This is your Rome, so customize your city the way you see fit! With hundreds of buildings to place, this game offers more options than any other city building game.
- Learn a little history and have loads of fun doing it - A wealth of humorous, scary and downright disgusting facts await the curious mind in the instructive and factual 'CityPedia', that can be easily accessed within the gameplay experience. It's a virtual encyclopedia of facts about life in Roman times at your finger tips!
- Never a Dull Moment – Gladiatorial combat, debates in the senate, chariot races, temple ceremonies...just a few of the many riveting scenes that will engage and entertain players throughout the game.
CivCity: Rome will be released for PC this summer.
More articles about CivCity: Rome