Gamers can choose from a range of truly next generation games such as "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" (Bethesda Softworks/2K Games), an Xbox 360 console exclusive with beautiful next generation graphics and a huge world to explore, "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter" (Ubisoft) the latest version of the successful Tom Clancy series that once again pushes the boundaries of multiplayer boundaries on Xbox Live, and "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend" (Eidos Interactive Ltd) the next-generation debut of the very popular Lara Croft series.
In addition, new titles are coming to Xbox Live Arcade all the time, including "Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting", "Uno" and the free full version of "Texas Hold 'Em Poker" by Riverbelle.
Great titles that gamers can expect this season include:
- 2006 FIFA World Cup (EA SPORTS)
- Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (Electronic Arts)
- Blazing Angles Squadrons of WWII (Ubisoft)
- Burnout Revenge (Electronic Arts)
- Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires (KOEI)
- Far Cry Instincts Predator (Ubisoft)
- FINAL FANTASY XI (Square Enix, Inc.)
- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (Ubisoft)
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend (Eidos)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2K Games)
- The Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle Earth II (Electronic Arts)
- The Outfit (THQ)
- Top Spin 2 (2K Sports)
- Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis (Rockstar Games)
- Rumble Roses XX (Konami)
- X-Men: The Official Game (Activision)
- Football Manager (Sega)
- Moto GP 2006 (THQ)
- Test Drive Unlimited (Atari)
In addition to new games, consumers can extend the experience of existing Xbox 360 titles with new downloadable content available on Xbox Live Marketplace. Microsoft Game Studios confirmed new content for "Project Gotham Racing 3," including exciting cars and achievements. Fans of "Perfect Dark Zero" will have access to additional content, including downloadable multiplayer maps. Additionally, the unique experience of "Kameo: Elements of Power" will be extended through new online cooperative gameplay options and exciting new costumes for Kameo and her warriors.
Xbox Live Marketplace, a digital download centre freely accessible to any Xbox 360 owner with a broadband connection, has reached more than 10 million downloads faster than iTunes did when it launched. In fact, more than 85 percent of connected Xbox 360 consoles have already downloaded content from Xbox Live Marketplace - everything from game demos and Arcade titles to premier movie trailers and music videos.
Xbox 360 will continue to deliver new online gaming and entertainment experiences including the "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat" game demo (Electronic Arts), the "Burnout Revenge" game trailer (Electronic Arts), and the "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Horse Armor Pack" (Bethesda Softworks/2K Games) which will all be available this spring on Xbox Live Marketplace.