"Ubisoft is very excited to bring the Splinter Cell franchise to the PSP system," said Tony Key, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft. "Just as with previous Splinter Cell games, Ubisoft's development team pushes the boundaries of yet another platform with Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Essentials."
Immediately following the events of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agentâ~D¢, Sam Fisher is placed under arrest and brought to the NSA headquarters for a debriefing. As a government interrogator questions Sam's involvement in terrorist activities, Sam discovers that fraudulent mission files depict him as an unstable, violent and insubordinate agent. Caught in a menacing conspiracy, Sam Fisher will now have to search his past to find out who is behind all this and ultimately begin the quest to clear his name.
- Exclusively designed for the PSP system: Contains a new adapted interface, as well as unique gameplay sequences designed specifically for the on-the-go nature of handheld gaming.
- Storyline spans the entire Splinter Cell series: Play through the years before the original Splinter Cell game when Sam Fisher was still a Navy Seal to sneak-peak events from the upcoming Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent game.
- All new missions: Enter the world of international espionage with 5 new exclusive missions, including the NSA Headquarters, in addition to 4 flashback' missions covering all corners of the earth.
- A game of gadgets: Use all the latest in spy weapons and gadgets from the Splinter Cell series, in addition to authentic new ones exclusive to this version.
- Always on the move: All the classic stealth-action moves you love, plus exciting new killer moves.
- Accessible multiplayer mode: Challenge your friends in a wireless multiplayer match with Spy vs. Spy Deathmatch.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Essentials in retail stores at the manufacturer's suggested retail price of $39.99.