As you would expect from any Tekken game, the graphics are razor sharp, pushing the PSP to its limits. Two new characters from the arcade version, Dragunov and Lili, allow PSP owners the chance to try out some new moves. With the return of classic fighter, Armor King, the list of combatants goes up to a jaw-shattering 30 characters, each ready to fight across 19 ass-kicking stages. In addition to the conventional arcade set-up, a variety of new game modes deliver a "play anytime, anywhere" experience, perfect for gaming on the go, and the inclusion of wireless two-player, head-to-head combat means that you'll be able to stuff your mates any time, any place.
With extra items to customise your fighter and new movie sequences, exclusive to the PSP, Tekken: Dark Resurrection is the ultimate beat'em-up experience. You'll need to fight harder than ever before to rise through the ranks and beat down all opposition. With competition this intense, it's a good thing you can take the PSP anywhere to help hone your fighting skills...
Have you got what it takes to be crowned the King of Iron Fist?
Game Modes :
- Tekken Dojo: Are you good enough to take the title of 'Tekken Lord'? The going is bloody as you fight your way to the top in a selection of different Dojos based on a private island owned by Mishima Zaibatsu.
- Arcade Battle: Earn your purse of fight money as you defeat ghosts matching your current level. And each test you pass sees you elevated a rank in the fighting hierarchy.
- Quick Battle: Choose from 1-on-1 battle or team battles against the CPU for quick and deadly mayhem. Alternatively form a team of up to eight players in team battle mode for a massive knock-out tournament.
- Network: Challenge friends, or enemies, to a duel via Ad Hoc Mode, exclusive to PSP.
- Story Battle: Get under the skin of your character in the new story mode and uncover your history.
- Time, Survival and Gold Rush: Beat your previous best score with a choice of three attack modes: Time Attack as you go against your opponent and the clock; Survival as your stamina is put to the test and your work to defeat as many opponents as possible and Gold Rush which allows you to earn fight money for damage dealt within the time limit.
- Practice: All new practice mode includes tutorials, freestyle training and command training covering both attack and self-defence.
Dark Resurrection continues Tekken 5's feature of character customisation. Create a profile and spend your fight money on cool gear for your fighter. You'd better get saving though as there are now twice as many items to purchase than in Tekken 5. Those who are cautious about going into battle will welcome the opportunity to check-out the opposition's profile before the fight by reviewing opponent's battle history and high scores.
Tekken: Dark Resurrection is a PSP essential and will be out later this year.
More articles about Tekken: Dark Resurrection