- Improved Server Stability
- Fixed rank up messages in Special forces
- Adjusted handling of the Tiger attack chopper
- Added delay for aiming reticule when going prone to all support weapons
- Adjusted deviation on MG36 and PKM to be in line with other support weapons
- Increased rpm from 600 to 900 on the P90
- Fixed Lock on error on certain Oil towers
- Fixed a Great Wall Exploit
- Fixed exploits on Dragon Valley and Karkand
- Fixed the Hmmwv with TOW crash on Battlefield 2: Special Forces maps
- Fixed the Battle Recorder crash
- Fixed the screen capture
- Fixed the issue with Pixel Shader 1.4 video cards
- Fixed the issue that caused heat seeking missiles to stick to oil towers
- Fixed the issue that caused heat seaking missiles to ziz-zag
- Reduced the maximum number of claymores that can be dropped to 2
- Fixed the Server Browser filter to enable search by map name
- Fixed the error in Client
- Server communication causing sound, animation and other sync issues.
- Dolphin Diving is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Damage decreased from M134
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- All support kit weapons have been adjusted
- All Sniper rifles have been adjusted
- Sa80 has been adjusted
- G3A3 has been adjusted
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
- SCAR-L reload sound has been fixed
- Server setting to allow friendly fire to be off on mines without affecting other weapons.
- Server search filters now work properly
- Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
- Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
- Flash bang effect radius decreased
- Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
- Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
- Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
- Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
- Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
- The LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
- Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
- Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
- Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
- Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum distance.
- Fixed bug with capturing a flag from outside of the flag radius.
- Fixed map selection screen issue on Wetlands
- Being able to pass through walls using a spinning tank turret has been fixed. It has also been address on all rotating vehicle positions just to be safe.
- Tanks taking damage from the terrain has been reduced
- The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed
- The disappearance of tank projectiles and grenade launcher projectiles during online play has been improved and should occur less frequently
- The distance for throwing hand grenade, ammo packs, and health packs has been increased
Expansion of Ranks
Ranks have now been expanded to allow for players to rank up to General
New Feature: Visible UAV
The UAV that is placed by Commanders will now include a visual element. An actual UAV will appear within the UAV detection radius and circle the area. Players will be able to shoot it down, bringing the UAV detection to a premature end. The Commander will be able to continue placing UAVs once the timer resets, as per current design.
Known Issue: ATI Crossfire Cards
Crossfire cards with 256 Megs of memory, running in CrossFire mode will run out of memory at very high resolution settings. On very high resolutions, such as 1920x1440 with 6x antialiasing. In CrossFire mode the ATI drivers are more restrictive about where resources are allocated, and as a result run out of memory sooner than with a single board. This running out of memory causes the device context creation to fail. The result is that the game just sits in a loop with a black screen. If you experience a context creation failure change your resolution to a lower setting (e.g. 1024x768 or even lower).
More articles about Battlefield 2