Finally big-mountain-snowboarding comes to PC systems. Stoked Rider ft. Tommy Brunner has gone gold. No parks and no pipes - leave the kid's stuff at home and bring your impact-protection gear.
It's you against the mountain, avoid falling at all costs.
Special promotion offer: Achieve 1000 heightmeters in the freshly available demo-version and save money, when buying the first indie hit of the year.
The game basically consists of 2 gameplay modes, the relaxed freeride-mode which is basically the heart of this game and the racing-mode which offers a more competitive approach.
- This mode allows to discover the mountain without any time-pressure or competitive-stress. Bonus-icons and new riding equipment can be found allowing to upgrade your game-character. Beside having fun and chillin' around with new snowboard-equipment this also can help in beating the racing-mode.
- This mode allows to test out your riding skills against the green & mean alien character in a series of races. Each new race will be a little harder to beat and and watch out for the sometimes ruthless approach of your opponent trying to keep you from victory. Winning those races also scores new means of transportations which in turn enables you to discover new regions of the mountain, which have not been accessible right from the beginning.
- Editor & user-modifications
- Another aspect of Stoked Rider featuring Tommy Brunner is a high level of user-modification. One of the goals is to make this modification feature available to non-programming folks. Therefore the game features an easy-to-use editor. This graphical editor allows to create new races and share them with other users utilizing the game's internet client. After the initial-release there will be an addon offering users to build & share their very own mountains & sceneries. Together with the race-editor this tool will allow some awesome user-modifications. Even more modding will be support after the release of the official SDK which will be later after the initial release.
- Besides the game's main application, the Stoked Rider package also contains a separate client-program for internet-connectivity. Basically the meaning of this internet-client is to allow sharing offline created race tracks and highscores with others. After the release of the mountain-editor the internet-client will also allow to share user-created mountains.
- There will be no online multiplayer races in the initial-release, but later there will be an multiplayer-addon turning Stoked Rider into a full-blown online racing-fest. For this reason Bongfish teamed up with the clan-scene for some professional e-sport input.