Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires (Xbox 360/PS2)
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires is the first appearance of the Tactical Action mega-series on Xbox 360. With features exclusive to Xbox 360 including widescreen graphics presented in full 720p and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, the game delivers the most stunning and detailed portrayal of the Dynasty Warriors ever. Gamers will feel as though they were pulled onto the battlefield as battle cries and stampeding soldiers come from every direction.
In Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires, the player is presented with map of Ancient China with the ultimate goal of uniting its 25 regions into single empire using cunning diplomacy and uncompromising military force. Before each battle, the player will meet with the war council to decide upon military and political policies for the kingdom; then it's time for war.
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires gives players complete autonomy over their kingdom. There's expanded authority over Government, Product Development, Diplomacy and Battle Tactics with the game's 25 new policies for a total of 75 in all. Gamers can now issue direct orders to each officer or signal general commands to officers on the field. Players will order when the army will take the offensive, defend their ground, or have all officers gather for an ambush. Players will also choose the officers for an attack force, entice captives into joining the kingdom's service and even expel officers from their kingdom.
The game's imperial-sized action includes 4 scenarios to unlock, 2-Player Co-Op play in "Empire" and "Free" modes, new items to unlock, and control of over 200 officers! Once the dust has settled, there's the real history of Ancient China to discover in the game's detailed Encyclopedia.
Developed by KOEI's award-winning internal team, Omega Force, Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires is a 1-2 player game, and is rated "T" (Teen- Mild Language Violence) by the ESRB. The suggested retail price for the PlayStation 2 version is US$29.99. The suggested retail price for the Xbox 360 version is US$39.99.
The adventure unfolds as you take on the role of Lydia, a young girl headed to the gates of Dragonvale Academy to become an apprentice. The Academy is an institution of magical research - a place where the arcane arts are taught to a new generation of mages. Upon Lydia's arrival, she discovers something is terribly amiss... She finds the keepsake she gave her best friend Celeste, but Celeste and the other scholars are nowhere to be found. In this world of mystery, beauty, and unparalleled imagination you will explore and master the forces of magic to uncover the secrets that lie beyond the gates of Dragonvale Academy. Challenge yourself to solve the mystery behind the strange disappearances, the beloved keepsake, and the treachery that lurk the halls of the prestigious Academy.
- Deep and involving storyline where suspense and mystery await at every turn
- Navigate easily throughout the vast campus using the new in-game map
- Interact with an intriguing cast of characters with the addition of fine-tuned dialogue to minimize repetitive scripts
- New voiceovers have been added including: Mustavio, Celeste, young Celeste, Elvander, and Zak
- Explore stunning environments designed in intricate detail using dynamic lighting and shading
- Unique in-game `Active Hint System' helps players progress further into the game without being stumped by difficult puzzles
- Easy to use interface that evolves as new feature becomes available
- Compelling 3rd person gameplay powered by a state-of-the-art graphic engine
- Learn to cast spells, understand the secrets of the runes and glyphs, and overcome daring trials designed to test your wits rather than your dexterity
- Enlarged `hotspots' making navigation more fluid and intuitive
Developed by Wicked Studios Keepsake has received an ESRB rating of `E' for Everyone and is available at retail for SRP$29.99.