Epic will once again demonstrate Unreal Engine 3 in their private theater within their ExpoSuite, ES128, located in the main exhibition hall. Epic will showcase a number of new and improved Unreal Engine 3 features including: PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 support, FaceFX cinema-quality facial animation with auto-generated lip-synching, new physics-based animation that provides gameplay features (like blending hit reactions with character animations), new in-editor performance optimization tools, a new COLLADA-compatible import pipeline, Epic's new high-performance multi-threaded renderer and much more.
Come and see why Unreal Engine 3 will be powering several significant next-generation games from some of the industry's top developers and publishers.
Epic Speaker Sessions at GDC:
- Wed March 22, 12:00pm—1:00pm (Programming) – "Building a Flexible Game Engine" - Tim Sweeney and Martin Sweitzer
- Thurs March 23, 9:00am—10:00am (Production) – "Multiplayer Cheating: Dispatches from the Front" - Jeff Morris
- Thurs March 23, 12:00pm—1:00pm (Visual Arts) – "Tips and Tricks for Modeling for Next-Gen Games" - Pete Hayes
- Thurs March 23, 4:00pm—5:00pm (Game Design) – "3ds Max and ZBrush Workflow" - Shane Caudle
- Fri March 24, 9:00am—10:00am (Visual Arts) – "Modeling Next-Gen Characters: From Concept to Game" - Kevin Lanning and Jerry O'Flaherty