Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams promises to exceed its predecessors by delivering an ambitious saga with more intense gameplay, expansive environment and a new fighting system that allows for the control of various characters throughout the game; creating a deeper and gripping experience that the series is known to deliver. Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams is now available at retailers across North America and carries an “M” rating for mature audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board).
“The Onimusha series has been praised by consumers and the press for its addictive gameplay and immersive experience, this new Onimusha is no exception,” said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom Entertainment. “Even with the success of the first three titles, we went back to the drawing board, reevaluated the series and retooled the gameplay and made something that is fresh, exciting and distinctly Onimusha.”
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams begins approximately 15 years following the annihilation of the infamous Japanese warlord Oda Nobunaga at Honno Temple. Another dark shadow now looms over Japan as Nobunaga’s successor, Hideyoshi Toyotomi, has decided to align himself with the evil Genma forces. Assume the role of Soki, a young warrior who possesses incredible power, along with several other cohorts to try and thwart Hideyoshi’s pursuit for power.
With unbelievably detailed graphics and expansive environments that exceeds its predecessor, Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams includes major enhancements to the franchise such as new character interactions and evolved cooperative gameplay elements. With a brand new game system, players can choose a fellow warrior to assist Soki in battle at any given time. Watch as the pair combines their power to perform ultimate attack moves to eliminate enemies. Furthermore, gamers can order his or her ally to wait, attack or act on the defensive. Players can also rapidly change between the two onscreen characters, allowing them to control the partner he or she had escorted into battle and relegating the main hero to ally status. This new system takes advantage of each character’s skill and adds a new dimension to the gameplay.
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams possesses a compelling cast of warriors, each with their own unique abilities, attacks and storyline including: Soki, with his broadsword, is viewed amongst the Oni as the world’s last hope against the Genma andwhose power could potentially be humanities greatest threat; Akane, whose mastery of the martial arts grants her extra mobility, and can wield her sword with speed and grace; Tenkai is a mysterious monk who can hear the voices of the dead and use his staff to fend off enemies; Ohatsu is the niece of Nobunaga Oda who uses a grappling hook to swing across gaps and firearms to eradicate the Genma; Born to a Japanese mother and Spanish father, Roberto is a missionary who wants vengeance for the Genma’s persecution of his friends. Unlike Onimusha characters before him, Roberto specializes in hand-to-hand combat.
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams boasts the following features:
- An all new Onimusha experience – An epic action RPG that includes major enhancementsto the franchise such as new characters, character interactions and evolved cooperative gameplay elements.
- New gameplay system – Implementation of a new fighting system allows for the control of various characters throughout the game. Each playable character has unique abilities and storyline that intertwines to form one ending.
- New ‘Allies System’ - Players can switch between the main character and partner in real-time, anytime. Give commands to your ally: tell them to wait, follow, attack, defend, etc.
- “Tests of Valor” – Obtain new items not found within the game environment by completing mini puzzles and timed events or challenges.
- All new compelling storyline – Players new to the series need not have played the previous installments in order to enjoy the story. The story picks up with Nobunaga’s successor, Hideyoshi Toyotomi, as he aligns himself with the insidious Genma forces.
- Most expansive environments in the series – The scale of environments has been multiplied in order to accommodate a more open ended gameplay experience with the ability to go back and search for additional items.
- Continued artistic excellence in the Onimusha series – Building upon the series tradition of delivering an amazing visual experience, Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams realizes unbelievably meticulous graphics that span over a multitude of diverse stages. Traditional Japanese landscape and architecture are recreated in rich detail.
- Unlockable content – Keeping with the franchise’s tradition, the game is further enhanced with unlockable costumes and the addition of the long awaited two-player co-op mode.
More articles about Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams