"Driver: Parallel Lines returns to its original franchise roots with a very heavy focus on driving, including unmatched driving physics," said Gareth Edmondson, Studio Manager, Reflections Interactive. "With its fast-paced driving, top-notch soundtrack, and a new storyline and cast of characters, Driver: Parallel Lines will be the Hollywood-style action driving game fans have been clamouring for."
Driver: Parallel Lines places gamers in New York City during two distinct eras – the 1970s and today – and centres on TK, an 18 year-old driving prodigy seeking fortune and fame. Gifted, popular and arrogant as hell, TK is one of the best drivers-for-hire in town and is known by everyone – from the pimped-out street hustlers, petty criminals, and racer boys to the shadowy crime figures that pay for his skills at the wheel. TK gets involved with a scheming group bent on taking down one of the biggest names in the underground crime scene. However, TK gets double crossed and ultimately is imprisoned for 28 years.
Fast forward to 2006 where the action kicks back in, and TK is older, meaner, and hell bent on settling some serious scores. TK needs to call on every driving trick in his considerable repertoire to tame the over-powered road machines that 2006 presents him. After twenty-plus years in jail, it's time to hit the streets once again.
Driver: Parallel Lines boasts a diverse in-game soundtrack consisting of 80+ songs from both eras. A number of hip-hop, punk, rock and dance tracks from a varied roster of artists including Blondie, David Bowie, The Damned, Marvin Gaye, TV on the Radio, and MF Doom are included on the soundtrack. Driver: Parallel Lines also features several newly commissioned tracks from Public Enemy, Grandmaster Flash, Suicide, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Arthur Baker, Mylo, Paul Oakenfold, Lifesavas and the Audio Bullys – tracks that were created exclusively for the video game.
Driver: Parallel Lines tempts gamers to modify and juice up cars while engaging in the most thrilling Hollywood-style car chases ever. Driver: Parallel Lines provides a free roaming, stylized New York City. With over 30 diverse missions and nearly 50 mini missions that load without wait times, incredibly realistic driving physics, a brand new story and a top-notch soundtrack, Driver: Parallel Lines will be a must-have title for action driving fans.
- Driver: Parallel Lines is an entirely new story with over 40 diverse missions as well as on-the-fly mini-games such as destruction derby and cops and robbers;
- Pulse-pounding, non-stop driving action with Hollywood-style car chasing experiences;
- On-line play that supports up to eight players in numerous play modes that span the entire city;
- Highly intuitive character control, improved physics and an expansive arsenal of weaponry;
- An incredibly detailed photo-realistic New York City ‘living world’ city to explore;
- Seamless open mission structure integrated around the central storyline with no load times what-so-ever;
- Incredible vehicle damage system with unprecedented detail and level of destruction;
- 80 drivable vehicles including cars, bikes and trucks, each with authentic physics; features comprehensive vehicle tuning with performance and visual customization.
More articles about Driver: Parallel Lines