Spellbound and Atari hope that you will enjoy the demo of DESPERADOS 2 - COOPER'S REVENGE. The game will be available in stores on April 21st, 2006.
This Readme file contains useful information that could help you solve problems with the demo.
OS: Windows: 2000/XP
CPU: 2.0 GHz Processor
RAM: 512 MB
Hard drive space: 500 MB available
Video: 128 MB RAM and DirectX(tm)9-compatible
Sound: DirectX(tm) compatible sound device
Input: Keyboard, Mouse
DirectX(tm) and driver information and known issues
This game requires Microsoft's DirectX(tm)9 or later to run. To play the game, you must have DirectX(tm)9 or later compliant drivers for your hardware installed.
You will find the latest version of DirectX(tm) at: www.microsoft.com/directx
Known driver problems:
1. Issues on ATI-Cards especially with Catalyst 6.2 or 6.3. driver
- Particles may not work with Catalyst 6.2. or 6.3. drivers (e.g. shooting, walking, explosions, gas, waterfalls and smoke)
- Particles will cause a slowdown of 15-50% or more on all ATI graphics cards
- On Radeon X1800 Crossfire cards: flickering lines may appear during gameplay.
- On Radeon X850 Crossfire cards: flickering lines may appear during gameplay.
- On Radeon X850 XT cards: flickering lines may appear during gameplay.
The issues mentioned may be fixed by new ATI drivers released after March 2006.
2. Resolution Changes under Nvidia Cards
With some Nvidia graphic cards the game may crash occasionally when changing screen resolutions in Desperados 2. The issues mentioned may be fixed by new Nvidia drivers released after March 2006.
3. Graphics Card not supported by Desperados 2
- XGI and S3 graphic cards such as S3 Chrome S25, S3 DeltaChrome S8, XGI Volari V3 and XGI Volari V8 are not supported by Desperados 2. However, the game may work on some of these boards.
- Matrox graphic cards such as Matrox Millenium P750 and Matrox Parheliaare are not supported by Desperados 2. However, the game may work on some of the boards by this manufacturer.
To obtain the latest drivers from your card manufacturer please refer to these links:
ATI Technologies: www.ati.com
Creative Labs: www.creative.com
Installing and starting the game
If the installation does not begin automatically, please follow the
instructions below to install the demo:
1) Double-click on the "My Computer" desktop icon with the left mouse button.
2) Choose the CD/DVD-ROM drive where the demo disc is inserted by clicking the relevant icon/shortcut.
3) Double-click the "Setup.exe" file.
The installation program is now starting and the on-screen information will guide you through the installation process. Please read the on-screen information carefully before selecting an option.
The installer will notice if you have already installed a recent version of DirectX(tm) on your computer. In this case you can start the game directly after the installation. If DirectX(tm) has to be installed, you will have to reboot your computer before you can play the demo.
If the installation was successful, you can start the "Desperados 2 demo" by using the link in the start menu or by double-clicking the desktop icon.