NET FRAMEWORK REQUIREMENT FOR DEMO PLAY
In order for the Down in Flames Demo to play, you must have the Microsoft .Net Framework 1.01 or later installed. If you do not have this already, we have included the .Net install file for you to install it manaually. A link to the .Net Framework installer can be found in the BattlefrontDown in Flames Beta Demo Program Group once the demo is installed.
If for any reason, you do not want the .NET Framework installed on your computer, DO NOT INSTALL THIS DEMO!
IMPORTANT INFO CONCERNING ONLINE PLAY
We strongly suggest that before you attempt to play the Down In Flames Demo that you familiarize yourself with the two included Quick Start Overviews as well as the game Help File.
The Overview Quick Start explains how to create new pilots and wingman's for battle and the Registration Quick Start covers how to register your account in order to play the beta demo online.
The demo comes with an in-game Help file which can also be viewed outside of the game. It goes into more detail about the overall gameplay and functionality of the game.
Links to both Overviews and the main Help file can be found in the BattlefrontDown In Flames Demo Program Group located under your Windows Start Menu.
- Ability to play local and online dogfights. Local games are against the AI, online games are against the AI and/or human opponents.
- Dogfights can be up to 4 players.
- Four nationalities (Britain, USA, Germany, Japan). You can have up to 4 pilots per nationality.
- The aircraft available for pilots to fly in the demo are the Spitfire I (British), Bf-109E (German), P-40N (USA), and Ki-61 (Japan).
- One campaign available to play (Dunkirk).
- Pilots gain experience from flying missions and can purchase skills with the XP, which will enhance their abilities in combat.
- Pilots can earn medals and be promoted to higher rank with successful missions.
- Online game statistics are tracked and displayed on the web site, so players can compare their pilots with each other.
More articles about Down In Flames