Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg allows you to rewrite history with 6 full length, open ended campaigns beginning at key stages of World War II. Begin the war from the historical invasion of Poland in 1939, Denmark and Norway in 1940, Russia in 1941, Stalingrad in 1942, the invasion of Sicily by the Allies in 1943 or the epic beach landings of D-Day in 1944. Also included are 5 extra mini-campaigns depicting specific landmark battles such as Kursk, Operation Market-Garden and the Battle of the Bulge. Control the forces of 30 different nations utilizing 16 different unit types including all new ones like Paratroopers, Engineers, Partisans and Amphibious Transports.
Expandability is also the name of the game with Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg as it comes with a full game editor allowing you unprecedented power to create or modify maps, units, countries, diplomacy options, unit production schedules, research technologies and more. You can even use the powerful scripting system to create historical events that can be triggered based on events or game circumstances. An entire game engine is now at your fingertips to control, change and create as you wish!
The original Strategic Command was known for its challenging and cunning A.I. and Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg cranks up the challenge factor even more with the inclusion of an all new diplomacy and counter diplomacy model, expanded capabilities for air, naval and HQ units, dynamic weather, updated tech. research and production levels and many other configurable special rules.
- Rewrite history with 6 full length, open ended campaigns beginning at key stages of World War II. Begin the war from the historical invasion of Poland in 1939, Denmark and Norway in 1940, Russia in 1941, Stalingrad in 1942, the invasion of Sicily by the Allies in 1943 or the epic beach landings of D-Day in 1944.
- Five additional mini-campaigns included, North Afrika, Kursk, D-Day, Market Garden, and the Battle of the Bulge each with clearly defined victory conditions and turn limits.
- Huge and beautifully rendered 140x38 2-D isometric tile map with a true-to-scale recreation of Europe (max custom map size of 256x128).
- Map includes greatly expanded areas like North America, the Atlantic (with Iceland) and a very deep USSR (over twice the size of the original map in SCET).
Command the forces of 30 different countries, (6 major and 24 minor) including Germany, UK, USA, USSR, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, Poland, Finland and many more.
- Take control of 16 different unit types (each with up to 26 different characteristics) covering all the major facets of land, sea and air combat, including new units like Paratroops, Engineers, Partisans and Amphibious Transports.
- Expanded unit models for Air Fleets (Auto/Intercept/Escort/Ground), Submarines (Hunt/Silent) and HQ's (Auto/Select/Deselection of unit attachments).
New production rules that allow for the option to set build and time delays for unit purchases.
New features like river sided tiles, frozen/snow/mud/sand terrain as well as separate dynamic winter and desert 3-D unit graphics.
- Enhanced diplomatic model that will not only be driven by game events and player pressuring but will allow opposing sides to engage in active counter diplomacy.
- Advanced event engine that will allow players to script/create custom events like troop transfers, supply, territorial surrender and annexation rules.
- Greatly expanded editor that will give you the control to create custom maps and sizes, place and/or delete any unit/resource/terrain, edit each unit characteristic, set build limits, even edit and create new unit types and countries (up to 44 different countries allowed)! An entire game engine at your fingertips!
- Multiplayer will include Hotseat, PBEM, as well as Network (TCP/IP) play.
- Switch between traditional military style unit graphics and 3D versions
- Sophisticated AI, Weather, Fog of War Effects, Convoy Routing, Lend-Lease, Scorched Earth Tactics, Siberian troops, Soviet Winter, Urals Industry, Malta Effect and much, much more!
Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg features exceptional single player gaming against the AI as well as a variety of multiplayer options (Hotseat, PBEM, TCP/IP). Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg requires Windows 98, ME, XP or 2000.
More articles about Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg