Developed by JC Entertainment Corp., FreeStyle Street Basketball emphasizes community play, customization and fun for all styles of gamers. The game was first launched in Korea in 2004 and since then has become one of its most popular games.
"We are thrilled to be working with VU Games to bring FreeStyle Street Basketball to North America," said Yang Shin Kim, CEO and founder of JCE.
FreeStyle Street Basketball allows players to test their skills in the ultimate street basketball game where every player you meet is an actual person with a look and style all their own. In FreeStyle Street Basketball players create a one-of-a-kind streetballer and level up through experience on the court. Players can customize their character by purchasing gear, clothing, and skills through experience points and micro-transactions.
"We are excited to be the first Western publisher to bring a successful casual online game from Asia to North America," said Bruce Hack, CEO of Vivendi Universal Games, "FreeStyle Street Basketball uniquely blends basketball and character building gameplay in a stylish multiplayer online environment."
Freestyle is the first foray into building a North American online gaming community that combines sports with RPG elements. Whether a hardcore or casual gamer, enter an immersive world that tests your skills in the ultimate street basketball to hit virtual playgrounds around the country. Dress the part, hit up the musical play list, then break some ankles as you team up with and against players just like the pick-up games of Venice Beach to Rucker’s Park – only this time you have the skills. Dude…don’t just sit there, ball’s in your court!
- The first online community sports based video game
- Pure online play against live virtual players aiming to be the best FreeStyle baller
- Enter sponsored tournaments to win exciting prizes and respect among your fellow virtual ballers
- Ease of play in a massive multiplayer community
- Create a team or simply play pick-up games to gain experience points
- Customize your character’s body type, facial features, skill level and more
- Earn experience points with each game you play and level up your character with the skills you desire.
- Micro-transactions allow players to purchase new gear through cash or experience points
Sierra's new online division is headed by Ed Zobrist, formerly SVP, Global Marketing. Based at the VU Games headquarters in Los Angeles, Sierra Online is dedicated to publishing games for online play and distribution on every viable platform.
FreeStyle Street Basketball is scheduled for Q1 2007
More articles about FreeStyle Street Basketball