"By taking full advantage of the advanced technology on the PSP system, Miami Vice The Game will deliver action-packed missions and highly-detailed locations that capture the danger-filled lives of the film's main characters and immerse players in the authentic world of Miami Vice," said Cindy Cook, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer for VU Games.
Inspired by the upcoming summer blockbuster from Universal Pictures, Miami Vice: The Game puts players deep undercover as narcotics officers Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs in the rich, glamorous and decadent world of present-day Miami. In this thrilling third-person action shooter, players must build up the nefarious reputation necessary to infiltrate the seedy underbelly of South Beach, and ultimately bring down the organization of an “untouchable” South American drug lord. Gamers can also choose to play as either Crockett or Tubbs, or team up via wireless to play each mission cooperatively.
Key game features include:
- Play as undercover cops Crockett and Tubbs in the notorious world of Miami Vice -- the mansions, the money, and the mayhem -- set in present-day Miami
- Experience cutting-edge motion capture, highly-detailed environments, and lighting effects inspired by the film created to maximize the technology of the PSP system
- Play as partners with wireless action
- Drug Trading – Raise needed capital and build reputation by managing drug inventory
Hacking – Unlock sensitive information (security codes, locations, etc.)
Interactive Cutscene Encounters (ICE) – Continue to boost reputation through dramatic interactive cinematic encounters with powerful drug lords
- Establish rep as a major player in the narcotics world through contraband trading, aggressively interacting with drug barons, and pursuing criminals with reckless abandon
- Armed with intelligence from informants and utilizing hacking skills, take on the enemy in varied locations with an impressive array of weapons
- Experience high-speed chases through Miami's treacherous waterways while engaging in boat-to-boat shootouts
Miami Vice The Game, developed by UK-based Rebellion, will be available exclusively for the PSP system in July 2006 for a suggested retail price of £39.99, and have an "M" (Mature) ESRB rating
For more information, please visit the game's official website at www.miamivicepsp.com.
More articles about Miami Vice: The Game