Demo, Version 1.00
Published by Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.
Look for Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War in stores, June 2006.
In Rise & Fall, players assume the role of one of history’s greatest heroes and build a civilization from the ground up. Amass enough glory, and Rise & Fall lets the player fight alongside his troops in Hero Command Mode, laying waste to carefully prepared enemy plans, formations and fortifications with an almost supernatural combination of leadership and martial skill.
- POWERFUL CIVILIZATIONS. Choose from four of the ancient world's mightiest empires: Persia, Greece, Egypt or Rome.
- REALISTIC UNITS AND WEAPONS. Enlist more than 80 unique units, including footmen, archers, cavalry, siege and massive triremes. Use realistically-scaled siege towers, ladders, and battering rams to annihilate city defenses and clear the way for ground forces.
- NAVAL COMBAT. For the first time ever in an RTS game, naval combat will play a large and vital role. Fight for control of the seas by boarding and ramming enemy naval vessels using massive, accurately-scaled warships. Outfit warships with infantry, archers, ballistae, or catapults, depending on the player's strategic objectives.
- HERO MODE. Engage in awe-inspiring feats of heroism by joining troops during climactic battles (from a third-person perspective) and personally impact the outcome. Control one of eight unique Heroes including Julius Caesar, Germanicus Caesar, Cleopatra, Ramses the Great, Achilles and Alexander the Great, each with special abilities and weapons.
- IMPROVE CIVILIZATIONS. Recruit craftsman, scientists, artisans, and advisors who will help enhance civilizations both militarily and economically. Capture new territories and establish outposts to increase your recruiting ability and train new formations of soldiers rapidly.
- 3D RTS ENGINE. Our Multi-Threaded 3D Engine is the industry's leading next- generation 3D engine designed specifically for RTS games. We feature dynamic lights and selfshadowing, a powerful particle engine, realistic terrain and water, and the ability to render thousands of units at once.
- MULTIPLAYER. Up to 8 players will battle it out across numerous multiplayer game types, including a team-based mode where one player manages resources while the other unleashes the full power of Hero mode against the enemy team.
- Only your hero can swim. After defeating the Romans on your shore, use your hero (press Q to enter Hero Mode) to seek out a Roman ship to steal.
- Ships can fit LOTS of people. Make sure to take as many archers, soldiers and slaves onboard as you can. You’ll need slaves to rebuild.
- Remember where you stole that ship – it’s prime real estate to take from the Romans and rebuild.
- After you defeat the Romans, make sure to rebuild your army by using slaves to mine, cut wood and build a new barracks.
- Want to really show those Romans a thing or two? It’s not necessary, but you can build a new dock and build a bireme or even a trireme with a bow-mounted catapult.
- After you’ve built up a sizable force, take that force and some slaves over to the far shore. Wipe out the weaker Roman outpost and use the slaves to build catapults.
- Use Hero Mode often – there are lots of wine jugs (power ups for a Hero) on this mission to use for Stamina, and Cleopatra’s a good shot with a bow.
Intel P4, 1.5ghz or AMD Athlon XP 1500 processor or greater.
RAM: 512mb RAM. 64mb VRAM, 128MB VRAM recommended.
Video Card: Directx 9.0c compatible, including the following: ATI 8500,
All-In-Wonder 8500, 9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X800,
X1600, X1800, X1900. NVidia Quadro 4 series, GeForce 3, 3Ti, GeForce 4, 4Ti,
Geforce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950, 6600, 6800, 7800.
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compliant sound card.
CD/DVD: 4x speed.
OS: Windows 2000/XP.
Get More information online at www.riseandfallgame.com, raf.heavengames.com or http://www.midway.com/rxpage/Game_Rise&Fall:CivilizationsatWar.html
More articles about Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War