The follow-up to the smash-hit Winback: Covert Operations, Winback 2: Project Poseidon brings to the series a new "route" system that lets players experience each mission from the perspective of different operatives. There are 30 intense missions, multiple difficulty levels, and new weapons including the highly-anticipated sniper rifle.
In a world where terror takes many forms, a new weapon threatens to shake the balance of power. Freedom's last hope rests in the hands of three new operatives, who must race against time to recover this doomsday device. The fate of the world hangs by a thread, and a few ticks of the clock could mean the difference between justice and annihilation.
The new Winback assault team is comprised of three young, yet combat-proven members of the Crisis Response Team, led by Craig Contrell. Each team member is qualified in seven different weapon types and highly-adept at CQB (Close Quarter Battle). They are masters of target identification, engagement and shot placement. In the hands of the player, all of these techniques will be put to the test.
- New "route" system lets players experience each mission from the perspective of different operatives.
- 30 high-risk operations situated in challenging urban environments and conveyances.
- Four Multi-player modes for up to four players including Deathmatch and Sniper battles.
- An all-new assault team with new scenarios and combat skills to master.
- Multiple difficulty levels for extended replay value.
- Seven primary weapons including a shotgun and sniper rifle.
- Feel the action surround you with powerful audio featuring Dolby®Digital.
WINBACK 2’S NEW “ROUTE” SYSTEM
Missions are divided into two Routes, A and B, and each must be undertaken in order (first A, then B). The conditions for mission completion differ for each route and will be disclosed prior to your mission.
- Route A
- In order to aid your Route B partner, you will be working primarily in a supporting role, opening locked doors and the such that will engage the Links. In other words, Route A is where you lay the groundwork for Route B.
- Route B
- Proceed along the path that was cleared in Route A (via the Links) and fulfill the objectives of each mission.
- Links Between A and B
- The actions of the leading character undertaken in Route A will be reflected in Route B. Some links are time sensitive; the faster you initiate them, the more beneficial it is for the Route B character. Initiating links may also give you more CRT points.
CRT POINT SYSTEM
CRT points are analogous to health points and points carry over from Route A to Route B. Points can be gained by fulfilling certain objectives, while points are lost if you sustain damage or commit errors. The number of CRT points given at the commencement of a mission will differ by mission. You can accumulate up to a maximum of 15 points by picking up certain items and satisfying various mission objectives.
TARGETING THE ENEMY
All enemies (other than boss characters) are neutralized by hitting them with 2 bullets (or one bullet in the case of head shots or if the game is on easy difficulty). Enemies can either be killed or arrested. Arrests occur when your second shot hits either the arms or the legs of the enemy. Hitting the right arm will cause the enemy to drop his weapon. The left arm will take away the enemy's ability to throw a hand grenade. Hitting the legs will prevent the enemy from moving.
Multiplayer Modes allows up to four players to engage in head-to-head combat. If there are not enough players, the option is available to have the computer control the other characters. Six different stages are available for play.
- Deathmatch Mode
- Default Weapon: Assault Rifle
- Usable Weapons: All
- Blast Happy Mode
- Default Weapon: Shotgun
- Usable Weapons: Shotgun, Bazooka, Hand Grenades, C4 Explosives
- Sniper Battle Mode
- Default Weapon: Sniper Rifle
- Usable Weapons: Sniper Rifle
- Survival Battle Mode
- Default Weapon: Varies by character (unlimited ammo)
- Usable Weapons: Only the default weapon is usable.
- Players cannot engage in team play in this mode.
Developed by Cavia for KOEI Co., Ltd., Winback 2: Project Poseidon is a 1-4 player game (offline), and is rated "T" (Teen- Mild Language, Violence) by the ESRB.
More articles about Winback 2: Project Poseidon