Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (Xbox/PC)
Developed by Funcom, Dreamfall features a fully interactive world where beautiful music, stunning graphics, fascinating characters and unparalleled gameplay variety promises to bring the adventure genre into a new era. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, winner of multiple E3 awards as the best game in its genre, is the continuation of a saga that began in the award-winning The Longest Journey PC game, considered to be one of the finest adventure games ever made. Dreamfall continues the experience, taking players on an epic journey of exploration and adventure as they venture through a thrilling and emotional storyline.
In The Longest Journey players took on the role of April Ryan, an 18-year-old girl whose destiny was foretold in the prophecies. Having to save the balance between the twin worlds of science and magic, April’s journey took the genre by storm and redefined what an adventure game could be. In Dreamfall, which takes place a decade after The Longest Journey, players can finally revisit the epic universe. Not only will those who enjoyed the first game find out what really happened to April, new players can start afresh by following the new protagonist, Zoë Castillo, as she becomes involved in a conspiracy threatening the very future of mankind.
Key features of the game include:
- Unparalleled Gameplay Variety —Players use brains or brawn as they sneak, fight or talk their way through the many challenges the game offers. Be polite or rude, threaten or sweet talk; in Dreamfall players make the choice, resulting in a game where gamers never quite know what to expect next.
- Three Playable Characters – Experience the story from three separate perspectives, and learn how their destinies blend together in an epic finale. Each character has unique abilities and world views, giving the player constant gameplay variations.
- Three Worlds - Dreamfall spans three beautifully realized worlds, multiple chapters and a stunning amount of detailed locations. Travel across a futuristic version of earth, journey into a magical fantasy realm and unravel the mysteries of the Winter.
- Unique World Interaction – Bridging the gap between the classic point and click adventure game, where players can click on any given point at the screen, and the action adventure, where gamers need to move up to an object to interact with it, Dreamfall introduces the brand new focus field feature. In this easy-to-use context-sensitive interface players can scan their entire visible environment as seen by the characters, and use it to get information on far away objects as well as triggering remote gameplay opportunities.
- Mature “Thriller”-type Storyline – Dreamfall delivers a mature and compelling storyline that mixes the futuristic, fantastic and spiritual with a tale of murder, deceit and a conspiracy threatening our very existence. Bringing the classic adventure game into the world of the modern action game, Dreamfall delivers a rare and special story experience.
- Stunning Sounds and Soundtrack: Listen to an emotional and epic soundtrack in 7.1 surround. Hear gripping voices as recorded by more than 50 professional actors, and enjoy soundscapes bringing players to the edge of their seats
- A game for everyone: 50% of the players of the original The Longest Journey were women. With its cinematic approach, believable characters, mature storyline and easy-to- grasp interface, Dreamfall is a game that any teenager or adult can pick up and enjoy, regardless of their gaming background.
More information about the game can be found on the official website www.dreamfall.com.