“Making Shadowgrounds available to Steam’s eight million gamers is a great opportunity to get the game out to a wider market, " said Steven Milburn, Director of Marketing at Meridian4. “Shadowgrounds’ high-octane, addictive gameplay will be a good match with Steam’s audience.”
"Steam is the best online distribution channel, end of story. They are really pushing the online distribution model and I am glad Shadowgrounds is part of that," said Frozenbyte CEO, Lauri Hyvarinen.
Shadowgrounds is an epic sci-fi game that blends addictive old school gameplay and modern technology played from a top-down perspective. Shadowgrounds features a devastating arsenal of weapons, realistic and sometimes hair-raising lighting effects and tons of monsters. .
- Upgrade weaponry with powerful modifications
- Face enormous monsters in boss battles
- Destructible environment allows players to wreak havoc with their arsenal
- Visit many exciting locations, including a secret military base and the alien-infested colony New Atlantis
- Fight side-by-side with NPC allies against the massive alien hordes
- Check security cameras and computer logs to investigate alien origins
- Realistic lighting with gameplay effects bring the aliens out of the shadows
- Enjoy horrifying sound effects and a thrilling music soundtrack made exclusively for Shadowgrounds
- Powered by Frozenbyte's incredible 3D engine!
- 2-4 PLAYER CO-OP MULTIPLAYER! - 2-4 players can play the co-operative mode on the same computer to maximize the destruction.
Shadowgrounds will be available for online distribution through Steam in early May at an online price of $24.95. For more information about Shadowgrounds go to www.meridian4.com or visit www.steampowered.com.
More articles about Shadowgrounds