From the developers of the critically acclaimed Dark Cloud series, Level-5 once again delivers an unparalleled role-playing game experience with the introduction of Rogue Galaxy™. With its highly anticipated North American release, Rogue Galaxy provides RPG fans with visually stunning backdrops, an immersive storyline with plenty of unexpected twists, and a proprietary combat system that gives the player total control of an epic adventure.
Featuring gameplay with no load times, players will be able to explore the worlds of Rogue Galaxy with seamless transitions. Set in a vast world, this action-RPG allows players to run, jump, swim, climb, and engage in combat real-time, as they explore active environments in a quest to locate a legendary planet. Control up to three characters at a time, each colorfully brought to life within highly detailed environments. In addition to the compelling storyline, gamers will have access to multiple mini-games and be able to generate custom weapons and items by creating their own factory.
At the far edge of the galaxy on the desert planet Rosa, a young man named Jaster dreams of journeying through space. In a sudden turn of fate, he is recruited to join the crew of space pirate Dorgengoa in a race to find a legendary planet that holds the key to the greatest of treasures…eternal life.
However another party, led by the Daytron Corporation, is also searching for the same planet. Jaster and the crew of Dorgenark-Go will have to battle the Daytron Corporation across the vast galaxy as they race to put the pieces of the portal together that will allow them to stake their claim to the treasure.
- Epic 3D Gameplay – More than 100 hours of gameplay are unfolded through five expansive worlds with highly detailed environments and unique, cel-shaded character designs.
- Multiple Playable Characters – Eight playable characters total, with up to three controllable characters on the screen at the same time.
- True action-RPG – Rogue Galaxy brings a real-time combat system that provides players the opportunity to customize attacks and switch between multiple characters in mid-battle.
- Unique ‘Battle Suggestion’ system allows your A.I. controlled allies to recommend specific actions during combat and allows players to issue commands to teammates.
- Utilize close and long-range weapons and execute special attacks unique to each character, as well as team combo attacks.
- Ability to Build Special Weapons and Items – Combine different weapons to synthesize more than 500 new weapons. Player can also manufacture specialized and rare items in the Factory Mode by locating schematics throughout the galaxy.
- Featured Mini-Games and Side Quests – In addition to solving the mysteries of the epic story, Rogue Galaxy features a number of mini-games and quests to further challenge players.
- Insectron Tournament – Capture, train, and stage battles using Insectron bugs found throughout the various worlds. Over 120 Insectors can be collected in the game, and players will increase rank and earn prizes by advancing through tournaments.
- Rare Item Hunt – Search throughout the galaxy for clues to track down rare items. Locating all items provides players with special prizes.
- Galactic Seven-Star Swords – Follow clues and gather information to collect the set of legendary Seven-Star Swords, considered to be the some of the most powerful weapons in the game.
- Challenge Battles – Players can add an element of difficulty by completing battles under certain conditions. Successful players can earn hunter coins, which help to upgrade a player’s hunter license and open up additional challenges within the game.
- More than eight hours of high-quality cut-scenes and cinematics help to drive the coming-of-age story full of action, adventure, and numerous twists that will keep players guessing until the very end.
Rogue Galaxy is schedule for North American launch in October 2006.
More articles about Rogue Galaxy