With the ability for thousands of gamers to play simultaneously, Test Drive Unlimited is M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. This is a truly unprecedented experience for racing gamers and is the ultimate automotive experience for car enthusiasts. Once in the game, players can visit the most sophisticated car dealers to purchase new vehicles or simply take them for a spin. Gamers can then participate in 16 player races or take vehicles for a drive on over 1000 miles of diverse Hawaiian roads and pass by thousands of other real players. Further, players can collect and trade rare performance parts and customize each vehicle to make it one-of-a-kind. Finally, gamers win races, challenges, missions and tournaments to earn credits and purchase new cars, rare performance parts, clothes, apparel, homes and garages.
Founded in 1993, Koenigsegg is a Swedish manufacturer of high-performance cars. Its creator, Christian von Koenigsegg was only 22 years old when he launched this line of cars into the supercar society. Koenigsegg proved to the world that a small and devoted group of car enthusiasts can rival the older and established supercar brands. The two Koenigsegg cars included in Test Drive Unlimited are seriously superb automobiles: one is the fastest legal street car and the other is the fastest road car in the world. What better way to see the beautiful island of Oahu than at top speeds with the top cars?
Introduced at the 2004 Geneva Auto Show, the CCR just might be the fastest road car in the world with a top speed that can exceed 240 mph. The powerful engine of the CCR produces a maximum output of 806 hp, and the car can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds. On February 28th, 2005, the Koenigsegg CCR broke the production road car speed record, achieving a new official top speed of 388 (387.87) km/h at Italy’s Nardo Prototipo proving ground.
When it was introduced, the CC8S was the fastest street-legal car in production with a top speed of 240 mph and acceleration from 0 to 60 mph in less than 3.5 seconds. The Koenigsegg developed suspsension system has been judged by expert test-drivers to provide better handling than any competing supercar. The CC8S has a supercharged engine that provides 655 hp.
- Test Drive Unlimited is redefining the racing genre online with M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. It is the only game that allows for literally thousands of gamers to play within the same game world simultaneously. The seamless online connection offers unlimited new challenges, opponents and competitions as well as monthly additions of vehicles, aftermarket parts, clothes and apparel;
- More than 125 licensed vehicles from exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
- Realistic vehicles: Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details including full car functions such as radio, electric windows, horn, wipers and more;
- Personalization: Upgrade each car with options from the actual manufacturers’ catalog. Players create characters, buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade vehicles with aftermarket parts;
- Create challenges or races from more than 50 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community;
- A gathering of communities: Players can create or join a club to talk, chat, trade, race or organize club-based competitions and tournaments;
- Simplified match making and division based rankings make this game the most comprehensive and accessible online racing experience.
More articles about Test Drive Unlimited