Set in the near future, Shadowgrounds pits the player against oncoming alien hordes who are invading a colony base. The intriguing storyline takes on epic heights and mission highlights include investigating alien origins, helping in rescue evacuation and setting up defense perimeters. The player gets help from many allies who play an essential part in the overall story.
In Shadowgrounds, players get a devastating arsenal of high-tech weaponry with which to dispose of the alien threat. Weapons can be customized with multiple upgrades, maximizing the carnage. Examples include a pinpoint laser that cuts aliens in half and a railgun that fires wall-bouncing bullets - several aliens can be killed with only one shot. Destructible environment allows players to wreak havoc in full scale.
Shadowgrounds has been developed using in-house technology that brings the game world alight with visual fireworks. Realistic lighting is an important gameplay feature as well - the monsters react to the lighting in numerous ways, and players can take advantage of that. Clever use of light is also needed when facing brutal boss monsters, who will do anything to eliminate the human race. Preyground's breath-taking atmosphere is further enhanced by a thrilling soundtrack and a realistic sound environment.
“I’m glad we managed to add the Co-Op Mode to Shadowgrounds, even if it is only on the same computer, because it’s so much fun and the screenshots definitely support this,” said Frozenbyte CEO, Lauri Hyvarinen, and continued: “In the coming weeks there will be more updates to the website, as we prepare the Level Editor for release.”
Shadowgrounds is an epic sci-fi game that blends addictive old school gameplay and modern technology creating one big, nasty alien-battling carnage festival. Played from a top-down perspective, Shadowgrounds give you full control over the battlefield and features a devastating arsenal of weapons, realistic and sometimes hair-raising lighting effects and tons of monsters to shoot, slice, electrocute and even flame broil!
- Upgrade weaponry with powerful modifications
- Face enormous monsters in boss battles
- Destructible environment allows players to wreak havoc with their arsenal
- Visit many exciting locations, including a secret military base and the alien-infested colony New Atlantis
- Fight side-by-side with NPC allies against the massive alien hordes
- Check security cameras and computer logs to investigate alien origins
- Realistic lighting with gameplay effects bring the aliens out of the shadows
- Enjoy horrifying sound effects and a thrilling music soundtrack made exclusively for Shadowgrounds
- Powered by Frozenbyte's incredible 3D engine!
- 2-4 players can play the co-operative mode on the same computer to maximize the destruction.
Shadowgrounds, rated M for Mature, will be available in North American retail stores and online after April 25th at a suggested retail price of $29.99.
More articles about Shadowgrounds