With the ability for thousands of gamers to play simultaneously, Test Drive® Unlimited is M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. This is a truly unprecedented experience for racing gamers and is the ultimate automotive experience for car enthusiasts. Once in the game, players can visit the most sophisticated car dealers to purchase new vehicles or simply take them for a spin. Gamers can then participate in 16 player races or take vehicles for a drive on over 1000 miles of diverse Hawaiian roads and pass by thousands of other real players. Further, players can collect and trade rare performance parts and customize each vehicle to make it one-of-a-kind. Finally, gamers win races, challenges, missions and tournaments to earn credits and purchase new cars, rare performance parts, clothes, apparel, homes and garages.
Lamborghini is known the world over for manufacturing some of the most expensive and powerful road-going vehicles available. In addition to their high profiles and high performance, these cars are also considered to be among the most dazzling and striking in terms of appearance. Ask any car enthusiast for his list of dream cars and it’s a safe bet that somewhere near the top of his list you’ll find a Lamborghini. Now Test Drive Unlimited allows you to experience firsthand the power and style that is Lamborghini. Let's take a look at some of the models being featured in Atari's Massively Open Online Racing (M.O.O.R.) title.
The Gallardo began production in 2004 and Lamborghini has manufactured 3,000 of them in the two years since, making the Gallardo the company’s most-produced model to date. The Gallardo features a V-10 engine that produces 500 hp, has a top speed of 192 mph and can go from 0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds.
The Gallardo Roadster is a drop-top sibling of the Gallardo Coupe. The Gallardo Roadster features an engine that produces 520 hp, has a top speed of 195 mph and goes from 0 to 60 in 4.3 seconds.
- Test Drive Unlimited is redefining the racing genre online with M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. It is the only game that allows for literally thousands of gamers to play within the same game world simultaneously. The seamless online connection offers unlimited new challenges, opponents and competitions as well as monthly additions of vehicles, aftermarket parts, clothes and apparel;
- More than 125 licensed vehicles from exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
- Realistic vehicles: Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details including full car functions such as radio, electric windows, horn, wipers and more;
- Personalization: Upgrade each car with options from the actual manufacturers’ catalog. Players create characters, buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade vehicles with aftermarket parts;
- Create challenges or races from more than 50 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community;
- A gathering of communities: Players can create or join a club to talk, chat, trade, race or organize club-based competitions and tournaments;
- Simplified match making and division based rankings make this game the most comprehensive and accessible online racing experience.
Released in 2005, the Gallardo SE (for Special Edition) improves upon the design and performance of the original Gallardo. The Gallardo SE has a faster top speed of 196 mph and can go from 0 to 60 mph in 4 seconds. Lamborghini plans to produce only 250 units of this special edition car.
The last and most famous of the Miuras, the P400SV features an improved engine that produced 385 hp. The car has a top speed of 179 mph and can go from 0 to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds. 150 of these legendary supercars were produced.
Murcielago Coupe and Murcielago Roadster
The Murcielago is a GT and supercar that was created as a successor to the Diablo. It features a V-12 engine that produces 580 hp, has a top speed of 205 mph and can go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds. The Murcielago comes in two different styles; the Murcielago Coupe and the Murcielago Roadster, which is a convertible.
More articles about Test Drive Unlimited