Brigade E5: New Jagged Union is set in the fictional, small tropical country of Palinero. Players will be required to assemble a band of mercenaries and take control of the deteriorating situation in order to survive the imminent civil war and avoid having their country left in complete ruins. Brigade E5: New Jagged Union is a tactical strategy title. The story offers players the opportunity to experience three different viewpoints of the conflict or work outside the political structure to achieve their own goals in the global domination. Game play for the title is based on an innovative combat system called SPM (Smart Pause Mode) that successfully blends together realtime and turn-based games. Unlike standard turn-based systems, Brigade E5: New Jagged Union does not use "action points" while in turn-based mode, but takes into consideration the character's skill and attributes resulting in the behavior of soldiers becoming more natural and diverse. Furthermore players can issue a chain of commands that troops will carry out automatically.
- Innovative combat system called 'Smart Pause Mode' that blends together the elements of both RTS and TBS games.
- Storyline and scripts of the game are written by Shaun Lyng, designer of the famous Jagged Alliance series.
- More than 100 accurately modeled firearms.
- Varied ammunition types: grenades, body armor and specialized equipment.
- Option to upgrade and modify weapons by adding various gadgets, sniper scopes, bayonets, mini grenade launchers, etc.
- Selection of specially balanced maps for Deathmatch (up to 4 players, up to 6 players per party)
- Provides extensive LAN and Internet Mulitplayer modes, with CTF, Deathmatch and Fortress dynamic gameplay.
More articles about Brigade E5: New Jagged Union