Sword of the Stars is a breakthrough 4X Strategy game brought to you by the core team behind the highly acclaimed title, Home World: Cataclysm. Sword of the Stars returns gamers to the action-packed roots of the 4X genre with some new twists, including a 3D starmap and real-time combat resolution in a 3D environment!
Playing as one of 4 unique races, gamers will explore planets, research new technologies and create empires in a hostile universe where weakness means extinction and only the strongest will survive. Sword of the Stars provides quick, intuitive play, state-of-the-art graphics and tactical combat that make the game instantly involving and rewardingly fun.
Lighthouse CEO Erik Schreuder said: "The game development is nearly done and for quite a while we had anticipated to be able to make the previously announced June release date, but a variety of factors really made us feel it is in best interest of the product to go out later this summer." Schreuder went on to say: "The added time will allow us to complete all localizations for the European markets to ensure a synchronized global release. Having a bit more time will also mean more development time for tweaking, AI enhancing and QA."
Additional official Sword of the Stars announcements are scheduled for the coming weeks including news on the demo release date and new game release date.
"Sword of the Stars" will be shown this week at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles. The game will be presented at our North American partners booth: Destineer Publishing, in the West Hall, Upper Mezzanine Level, Booth 515B. Alternatively the game will also be shown at our German distributor's booth: Frogster Interactive, Kentia Hall, German Pavilion, Booth 6001-003. Key staff from Kerberos will be present at both stands for in-depth gameplay.
Sword of the Stars features:
- 4 races - Human, Hiver, Tarkas and Liir - each with technology advantages and disadvantages.
- A powerful state of the art engine delivers breathtaking graphics and robust gameplay.
- Each race has a unique mode of transport between star systems, creating very different styles of play, depending on what race you choose to control.
- Slider bar controls and simplified interface to avoid the confusion of other games without sacrificing depth of gameplay.
- Over 150 distinct technologies to research on a dynamic tech tree that changes from game to game. While the core technology of the tree is consistent, certain offshoots are random from game to game. There is no perfect path up the tech tree to memorize and exploit, because the path keeps changing!
- New technology reflected in detailed ship models, weapons and combat effects. Over 40 weapons from six different weapon classes, in various size classes, from point defence, turrets, to massive spinal mounts!
- Players can design and build ships from three size classes - Destroyer, Cruiser, and Dreadnought - by mixing and matching ship sections (command, mission, and engines), then outfitting them with armor and weapons to suit their preference.
- Up to 8 players can play against the AI and one another over LAN or online.
- Choose from a variety of scenario campaigns to play alone or with friends, each adding more color and depth to the Sword of the Stars universe.
More articles about Sword of the Stars