Service Pack v05.15.06 brings the game code to the same level as our latest game, Wings Over Europe.
After upgrading with this Service Pack, the game will require the latest version of DirectX (9.0c April 2006) to run correctly. Please visit the Microsoft website at
to download and install the latest version of DirectX.
This Service Pack can be applied to any previous version of Wings Over Vietnam. However, due to some re-organization of the data, we highly recommend you install this over a clean install of the game - uninstall the game first, manually delete the folder to remove any mods not uninstalled, reinstall the game from original CD, then apply
the Service Pack.
Some previous mods may not be fully compatible after upgrading with Service Pack. If you find any mods not working, please check with mod-makers to provide you with updated version of their mods.
List of changes in this Service Pack include:
- Environmental graphics have been improved, with 3d clouds added.
- Support for laser-guided bombs and electro-optically guided weapons have been added.
- Support for more modern HUD (Heads Up Display) has been added.
- Easy Avionics radar has a new and improved look.
- Support for display with different aspect ratio, such as widescreen monitors (both 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratio) and 5:4 aspect ratio common with LCD monitors, has been added.
- You can now connect directly using TCP/IP from in-game Network Connection Screen. To connect using TCP/IP, select Multiplayer from the Main Screen, type in the TCP/IP address (in 123.456.789.123 format) in the Address box, then select "Internet TCP/IP" on the Connection Type drop-down menu.
- AI air-to-air gunnery has been improved.
- AI can now read aircraft-specific AI data from each aircraft_data.ini.
- Ground object data have been re-organized, and you no longer need to edit the master GroundObjectList.ini to add or remove ground objects.
- All F-4 data files were edited to show pylon adapters, changing the station numbers on outer wings pylons.
- ObjectData.cat file now contains all the files from our previous game, Strike Fighters Project 1, making the games even more compatible.
- And many other minor tweaks, fixes, and improvements have been made.
More articles about Wings Over Vietnam