Field Commander (PSP)
"We are looking forward to launching Field Commander, as we were keen to develop a turn-based strategy game for the PSP system," said Laura Naviaux, senior brand manager, Sony Online Entertainment. "This highly anticipated game will not only fill a gap in the current games available for the PSP system, it will lead the way in its genre with its variety of multiplayer and online options, including a robust website with leader boards, map sharing and tons of features."
Players will take the role of a field commander working for an independent organization, ATLAS, established by the Allied Nations, to defend the world against an evil terrorist organization known as "Shadow Nation," which is bent on inciting wars, dealing illicit arms and global domination.
With an arsenal of 15 army divisions and 11 commanding officers from which to choose, players can command the land, skies and sea. In addition, players can orchestrate an offensive attack through 30 unique missions, each one coming alive in beautiful 3D environments with highly detailed terrain and dynamic visual effects. Alternately, players can compete against each other utilizing the PSP system's wireless networking capabilities.
- Turn-based strategy: Take to the field and guide your division to victory by outsmarting, outmaneuvering and outgunning your opponents.
- Deep single-player campaign: Delve into the game's engrossing story while combating enemies through more than 30 unique missions.
- Extended multiplayer gameplay: Enjoy defeating your enemy from across the globe, across the room, or sitting next to you through four multiplayer options, including hot swap, local network, internet and Transmission (play-by-email) modes.
- 15 army divisions: Rule the ground, sea and skies by mastering the selectable army divisions at your disposal through the use of their specialties, unique play styles and powerful attacks.
- Beautiful 3D environments: See each unique setting of grass, desert or snow come alive with 3D graphics, stunning lighting, dynamic visual effects, and highly detailed terrain, buildings and units.
- Challenging AI: Match wits with an increasingly clever enemy.
- Create your own missions: Aspire to greatness by creating your own missions, and upload them to the website to be downloaded, ranked and enjoyed by all players.
- Leader boards: Master the game and prove your military prowess by gaining rank over other players with official leader boards.
Developed and published by SOE, Field Commander carries a suggested retail price of $39.99.