"Caesar III was a tremendous worldwide success, with this latest installment, we feel fans across the globe will once again enjoy all this series has to offer," said Bret Berry, Vice President of Production at Vivendi Universal Games. "We are all committed to ensuring that in every aspect this sequel builds on all the qualities that make the Caesar series unique."
Developed by Tilted Mill, Caesar IV advances, refines and updates the city-building gameplay pioneered by Caesar III, while remaining true to its predecessor's proud legacy. In Caesar IV, players take on the role of an aspiring provincial governor within Caesar's empire as they build and manage an individual ancient Roman city and its province.
Players lay out each city, road by road and building by building, making sure citizens have all they need to remain healthy, happy and safe from barbarian threats. As the city grows from a simple village to a cosmopolitan metropolis, so too do the challenges it presents. The ultimate goal is to rise among the political ranks of the empire, and become Caesar.
With full 3D presentation, and all-new realistic citizen behaviors, Caesar IV is sure to please fans of the series as well as strategy gamers in general.
- State of the art city-building gameplay, feedback and visuals, including:
- More than 100 unique buildings, diagonal roads, and a set of decorative items
- More than 30 resources for trade and other uses
- More than an hour of the music of favored composer Keith Zizza
- Advisors to help you with your goals and extensive map overlays for detailed feedback on activities and problems in the city.
- More than 75 unique characters, who go and get what they want and interact with their environment in detail. Select them and they tell you what they think of your city.
- Rich, 3d environment with unlimited draw distances and immersive contextual audio
- Over 100 hours of play in a variety of modes, including:
- Career mode (campaign play) where you strive to become Caesar
- Standalone competitive scenarios
- Sandbox play in which you can build at your own pace
- Empire level trade and diplomacy with Roman and foreign provinces
More articles about Caesar IV