The Trans World Cup delivers high-octane event-based racing challenges in short bursts, making it perfect for PSP system gaming on the go, and takes the action way beyond first-past-the-finish races. Different events will test drivers’ racing prowess and car-handling expertise in areas such as damage control, using the racing line, maneuvering, timely pit-stops and pulling stunts.
Challenges include ‘Bring It Home’ where players take control of a heavily damaged car in a race that only has a few laps until the finish. On the flip side, the ‘No Damage’ race sees players competing alongside some very aggressive opponents. The challenge is to finish with as little damage as possible and points awarded depending on the condition of the car.
In a ‘Drive the Line’ event, the perfect racing line is shown on the track – players must keep their cars on it for an entire lap. And, just to prevent crawling around the circuit to stay on the line, there’s also a target time to cross the finishing line.
For those with a flair for pulling stunts, the Cup’s ‘Show Off’ competitions will let players loose on off-road tracks. Here drivers rack up points for power-sliding, air time, drifting and getting the car up on two wheels… and all with minimal damage.
‘Duel’ events pit players head-to-head against one rival that gets a head start on the race; players must use their best racing maneuvers, close in and overtake them for more than five seconds to win the race, all without causing any damage to the opponent’s car while overtaking.
With many more varied events throughout, it all leads to the Trans World Cup final: an intense championship across some of the leading U.S. race locations, including Nashville Super Speedway, Road America, Gateway International Speedway, Laguna Seca and the Michigan Loop.
Complete with real racing cars, real damage, real physics, and intense pack racing with up to 21 cars on-screen competing for position, Race Driver 2006 is set to release on May 30th, exclusively for the PSP system. For the latest on the game including the new Trans World Cup movie, visit the game’s website at www.codemasters.com/racedriver2006.
Race Driver 2006 is the most thrilling and comprehensive racing title on the PSP system. Cramming in more auto sports than any other PSP system game, it comes complete with real performance cars, real damage, real physics, and intense pack racing with up to 21 cars on-screen competing for position. Providing gamers with the most diverse range of insanely fast racing events ever seen in one game, players get to compete in GT Sports Car Racing, Street Racing, Stockcar Oval Racing and much more.
- Game Share - allowing up to four players to enjoy fantastic WLAN racing from just one UMD disc.
- Up to 12-player WLAN play - the most players ever seen in a PSP system title.
- Exclusive Championship mode - the Trans World Cup – race around the world competing in new event-based challenges with aim of becoming the world’s best driver.
- The Trans World Cup mode is specifically tailored to give quick accessible play in short bursts, making it perfect for gaming on the PSP system.
- Master more than 60 exhilarating and authentic racetracks, including Laguna Seca, Pike’s Peak, Road America and Nashville Super Speedway.
- The game offers players over 50 sensational machines to race, including the Dodge Charger, Buick Gran Sport 455, Pontiac Firebird Formula 400 and the Koenig GT.
- The most exciting and intense racing on the PSP system – race against up to 21 cars on track at one time.
- Fantastic special effects - full environment maps, realistic damage effects, detailed particle systems and customizable soundtracks.
More articles about Race Driver 2006