Universal Combat – The Legacy Edition, UCLE, is the fourth title in the Universal Combat series which includes enhanced technologies from the previous Battlecruiser and Universal Combat A World Apart game series.
Based on new technologies first seen in last year’s Universal Combat – A World Apart, UCLE includes all the campaign and instant action scenarios from our previous Battlecruiser and Universal Combat games.
- Battlecruiser 3000AD (Take Two Interactive, 1996)
- Battlecruiser 3000AD v2.0 (Interplay, 1999)
- Battlecruiser Millennium (3000AD Inc/EB Games, 2001)
- Battlecruiser Millennium Gold (Dreamcatcher Games, 2003)
- Universal Combat (Dreamcatcher Games, 2004)
- Universal Combat Gold (300AD Inc, 2005)
- Universal Combat A World Apart (3000AD Inc, 2005)
Each game scenario has been ported, tweaked and tested for the newer engines and technologies.
A colossal game in itself, UCLE includes a whopping nine campaign scenarios and over one hundred instance action scenarios; which together span several years of gameplay.
TECHNOLOGY / CONTENT IMPROVEMENTS & ADDITIONS
- All relevant bug fixes, improvements and enhancements from latest Universal Combat A World Apart game as well as numerous technological enhancements and revised content.
- Enhanced native DirectX 9 graphics engine with support for per pixel lighting, various texture filtering techniques (e.g. Anisotropic), full scene anti-aliasing, improved terrain rendering engine with new texturing technologies, such as reflections, volumetric clouds etc.
- Improved thirty-two player multiplayer engine.
- New audio engine.
- All the campaign and instant action scenarios from the entire Battlecruiser and Universal Combat game series’ :
- 09 campaign scenarios: The Future Is Now
- Feather Duster
- Broken Arrow
- Fragile Hope
- Way Of The Titans (Two career variations)
- A World Apart Episode 1 (Two career variations)
- 103 Instant Action scenarios.
- One new 16 mission Advanced Campaign Mode scenario (“A World Apart Episode 2”) playable from the perspective of the Commander and Elite Force Pilot careers. A total of two unique variations.
- One new 16 mission Advanced Campaign Mode scenario (“Operation Sledgehammer”) playable from the perspective of the Elite Force Marine, Mobile Infantry Marine, Recon Force Marine, Assault Force Marine careers and Planetary Support Pilot careers. A total of five unique variations.
Both the retail and digital distribution version will be priced at an MRSP of $39.99.
Estimated release date is Q2/06