Playing as one of 4 unique races, gamers will explore planets, research new technologies and create empires in a hostile universe where weakness means extinction and only the strongest will survive. Sword of the Stars provides quick, intuitive play, state-of-the-art graphics and tactical combat that make the game instantly involving and rewardingly fun.
Erik Schreuder, Lighthouse CEO, said: "We are extremely excited to be working along side of Destineer to bring Sword of the Stars to North America. They have a strong distribution channel backed by a great team." He went on to say, "We look forward to building a successful partnership with them".
Paul Rinde, CEO of Destineer Publishing said: "Sword of the Stars is an absolutely fantastic game. We couldn’t be happier to be Lighthouse’s North American partner on this title. We are looking forward to making this game a success in North America".
Sword of the Stars will be shown at the upcoming E3 Expo in Los Angeles. The game will be presented at the Destineer booth, West Hall, Upper Mezzanine Level, Booth 515B.
Sword of the Stars features:
- 4 distinct races - Human, Hiver, Tarkas and Liir - each with their own technology advantages and disadvantages.
- A powerful state of the art engine that delivers breathtaking graphics and robust gameplay. Live out tense, first-contact situations in the real time 3-D combat engine.
- Each race has a unique mode of transport between star systems, creating very different styles of play, depending on what race you choose to control.
- A simple interface enables you to enjoy the deep game play without confusion.
- Over 150 distinct technologies to research on a dynamic tech tree that changes from game to game.
- Researched technologies are reflected in new detailed ship models, weapons and combat effects.
- Over 40 weapons from six different weapon classes, in various size classes, from point defense, turrets, to massive spinal mounts!
- Players can design and build ships from three size classes - Destroyer, Cruiser, and Dreadnought - by mixing and matching ship sections to suit their game play style.
- Deep economic model that is easy to control through the in game interface.
- Research languages to open up diplomacy or simply stick to negotiating with your own race. Form alliances, non-aggression pacts or just go to war with anyone who stands in your way.
- Choose from a variety of scenario campaigns to play alone or with friends, each adding more color and depth to the Sword of the Stars universe.
- Up to 8 players can play against the AI and one another over LAN or online.
More articles about Sword of the Stars